News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Lenovo Thinkbook 16p Gen 4 now features a 3.2K 120 Hz mini-LED display along with Intel Raptor Lake-H and Nvidia RTX 4060 options

Started by Redaktion, January 05, 2023, 17:01:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Lenovo has announced an upgraded ThinkBook 16p Gen 4 with Intel Raptor Lake-H and Nvidia RTX 4060 Laptop GPU options. The ThinkBook 16p Gen 4 now comes with a 3.2K 120 Hz mini-LED option along with upgrades to Wi-Fi 6E and a 11-pin pogo connector on the display for attaching the new Magic Bay accessories.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-Thinkbook-16p-Gen-4-now-features-a-3-2K-120-Hz-mini-LED-display-along-with-Intel-Raptor-Lake-H-and-Nvidia-RTX-4060-options.679280.0.html

Poster

Again, no AMD variant. Manufacturers 'opting' for no amd variant meaning they ghosted them, or AMD not able to supply them, or Intel greased the executives' pockets.
AMD is dead.

NikoB

Complete nonsense. Again, not a standard, 1080p compatible resolution. Lenovo, why all this? Why not 4k@120Hz? This is universal resolution. And the panels have been around for a long time. Including miniLED - which is still a crutch and junk with glitches around the text on the border of the zones.

When will microLED be available?

Allan Wind

I am in the market for a high-end laptop but refuse to buy one with an off-centered keyboard (due to the numeric keypad that I never use).  Unfortunately the P series with a centered keyboard have a thermal issues.

NikoB

You don't use it, but most professionals do. Scientists, engineers and especially programmers desperately need a classic numpad. It speeds up text and number input operations, and also speeds up group operations in file managers at times when it works in navigation block mode. Without it, my speed of blind typing and encoding immediately drops significantly. A normal laptop must have a normal classical numpad. And for those who are busy with a small amount of text input, let there be separate scanty special series. I never work with the touchpad because it's just plain inefficient compared to a good mouse.

Russel

Quote from: NikoB on January 06, 2023, 14:02:37You don't use it, but most professionals do. Scientists, engineers and especially programmers desperately need a classic numpad. It speeds up text and number input operations, and also speeds up group operations in file managers at times when it works in navigation block mode. Without it, my speed of blind typing and encoding immediately drops significantly. A normal laptop must have a normal classical numpad. And for those who are busy with a small amount of text input, let there be separate scanty special series. I never work with the touchpad because it's just plain inefficient compared to a good mouse.

Exactly! I don't understand why people complain of being given an option even when they have enough space.

Allan Wind

Quote from: NikoB on January 06, 2023, 14:02:37You don't use it, but most professionals do. Scientists, engineers and especially programmers desperately need a classic numpad.

I am a software engineer and never use the num pad.  The ergonomics, to me, is so bad that I carry an external keyboard with my P51.

NikoB

Quote from: Allan Wind on January 08, 2023, 06:13:37I am a software engineer and never use the num pad.  The ergonomics, to me, is so bad that I carry an external keyboard with my P51.
This means that the efficiency of entering the code by you is extremely low. No other is given. It is impossible to efficiently enter data without having the keys for direct access to basic operations and for group operations as a navigational efficient block. This is a priori impossible. No one can quickly write massive code on a 14" laptop keyboard. Proven by tests.

tai94bn

Quote from: Allan Wind on January 08, 2023, 06:13:37
Quote from: NikoB on January 06, 2023, 14:02:37You don't use it, but most professionals do. Scientists, engineers and especially programmers desperately need a classic numpad.

I am a software engineer and never use the num pad.  The ergonomics, to me, is so bad that I carry an external keyboard with my P51.
Why are you use thinkpad P1 16 inch?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview