News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon G10 Laptop Review: Alder-Lake P28 without great effect

Started by Redaktion, June 24, 2022, 14:47:28

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

For the first time, Lenovo is offering the ThinkPad X1 Carbon with a stronger class of processors than the U series. Our comprehensive review of the Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon G10 with Alder-Lake P28 shows: It is hardly worth it.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-ThinkPad-X1-Carbon-G10-Laptop-Review-Alder-Lake-P28-without-great-effect.631310.0.html

buttsexe

iu died after nuyimgh ytjos computer. 1gb ram and 240gb hdd, battery 3000mah only . dies 1 day

Timur ShSh

I have no pwm. On g10 i7 (1920*1200)TOUCH. Being very sensitive (immediately detect pwm on macbooks pro an x1 carbons) can say that surely. Display panel made by Innolux.

haspok

What a disappointment, Intel 12th gen...
I am typing this on a 5th Gen Carbon, and honestly, I don't really see why I should upgrade. 5 years and no real improvements.

Meanwhile Apple is just marching on with the M1 and now M2...

beachgoer

I think the T14s gen3 AMD would outperform this on most aspects, with size and weight remain similar. I hope you test it soon.

Istvan

I am considering to upgrade to this model from my X1C Gen5. My Gen5 i7 is still working very well, but there are two points where I need improvement:

- from 16GB to 32GB RAM (graphic softwares and a LOT of multitasking)
- from FHD resolution, BUT I do need matte display, so UHD is not an option. 2.2K display would be ALMOST workable, but then the 300 nits is the problem. So 2.8K OLED seems an exciting option, but I haven't found a review on this display yet. Therefore, I requested a demo unit with OLED display, and finally I got it today, I started testing of it. The first impression is good, it doesn't look any glossier than old FHD display, but I'll check it outdoor as well. Do you plan to make a detailed review with this display? (If not, maybe I can post comparison pictures, if interested.)

ps1: just as mentioned in the review, the fan spins up often. I'll check whether 1.30 BIOS update would make any improvement.
ps2: keyboard: I fully agree with Benjamin. Keyboard is good, but the shallow key travel is strange after Gen5. At the moment, Gen5 typing experience is more preferred. We'll see it a few days later. On the other hand, the keyboard size is perfect; I didn't fall in love in X1 Nano because of its smaller keyboard. X1C keyboard size is the right one.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview