News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Asus ROG Zephyrus Duo 16 review: An unusual gaming laptop with a good battery life

Started by Redaktion, May 24, 2022, 00:49:24

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

A Ryzen 9-6900HX APU and GeForce RTX 3080 Ti Laptop GPU bring all the current games smoothly to the matte 4k screen (IPS, DCI P3, FreeSync) in the 16:10 format. They are accompanied by 4 TB of storage (RAID 0), 64 GB of working memory, and a surprisingly good battery life.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Asus-ROG-Zephyrus-Duo-16-review-An-unusual-gaming-laptop-with-a-good-battery-life.621662.0.html

Lorry

Thank you, been waiting for this. Every performance laptop should have good battery life and good screen with this combo - "Ryzen / >90Wh / >500 Nit QHD" - so that people can actually use it for both work & play.

Yet only 4 such laptops will be made this year, quite sad.

- Asus Zephyrus Duo 16
- Asus Flow X16
- Asus VivoBook Pro 16X Ryzen
- Lenovo Legion Slim 7 AMD

Are there no other premium gaming / workstation laptops? Sure, there are hundreds. But are those actually usable for heavy mobile work or light use without needing to plug into a wall? Nope.

Ngoro

Do you have plans to make a review of the cheaper one?
with 2560 x 1600 screen and 3070 video card?

Thanks for the excellent review

Dr Fauci

Any idea if OLED laptops still suffer from color inaccuracy?

As the overall display brightness goes up, its color accuracy actually goes down.

This is due to the panel not having enough power to drive every pixel at 100% brightness, leading it to sacrifice luminosity in order to power the full display.

Koo

Wonderful review! I have been eyeing this monster for a while and still on the fence to purchase it or not. Due to work I have to move nearly every 2-3 years and building a pc was out of the question due to the size.
I have been trying to find a powerful enough laptop to play star citizen for ages and use it as a somewhat docking station.

So with 1 HDMI and 2 DP ports this one seems to be the one. However despite scouring the web I have found no mention of trying to use this laptop to run external triple monitors(running more than 60hz), or even a compact double external 144hz portable monitors to achieve a triple screen setup with it's own screen in the middle.

Is there any way to find out ?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview