News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Asus Vivobook S 14X OLED announced with a 2.8K 120 Hz screen, Intel Alder Lake/AMD Ryzen 6000 processors, and more

Started by Redaktion, May 09, 2022, 19:00:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Asus has officially unveiled the Vivobook S 14X OLED with some impressive specs, including an Intel Core i5-12500/Corei7-12700, 2.8K OLED screen, 70 Wh battery, 8 GB RAM, 1 TB storage, and more. It will be available for purchase in Q2, 2022.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Asus-Vivobook-S-14X-OLED-announced-with-a-2-8K-120-Hz-screen-Intel-Alder-Lake-AMD-Ryzen-6000-processors-and-more.618268.0.html

VaruLV

Played with Zenbooks and Vivobooks at the store the other day.
They look good, but keyboard decks have rather noticeable flex, I dont know where and how they get their boasted mil-spec ratings/tests done, but those wonky keyaboard decks dont inspire much trust in their longevity.
I remember trying out UX481 and UX581 at the store about a year ago, those had rather solid keyboard decks, I hope that new 14" Duo model will have one of those too.

Azz

I'm a bit confused with this trend of making 2.8k-4k laptop displays sitting on integrated graphics.

Do they expect people to play above 30 fps on mobile games? Or sit on netflix

Lorry

Quote from: Azz on May 11, 2022, 05:03:06
I'm a bit confused with this trend of making 2.8k-4k laptop displays sitting on integrated graphics.

Do they expect people to play above 30 fps on mobile games? Or sit on netflix
These are perfect for someone like me.

I don't need a powerful CPU, don't play any PC games, but I DO watch movies and shows on my laptop. Most of them are 4K 10-bit HDR original quality, and HDR only works on OLED. Also need long battery life for my work, which requires a Ryzen processor and big battery combination.

No other ultrabooks besides these new OLED Vivobooks can do what I want a laptop to do. Asus VivoBook S 16X is the kind of laptop I wanted Apple to make years ago - basically a 17" MacBook Air .

Kgd

Quote from: Dorby on May 11, 2022, 04:24:02
Title says Ryzen 6000, but the article doesn't mention anything about the Ryzen CPU configuration.

Also VivoBook S 14X seems identical to "VivoBook S 14" in another article. Are they different models?

S 14X is 14.5 inch and full metal body, S 14 is 14 inch and metal lid.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview