News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Windows 11 22H2: 4 indispensible features coming (back) in the August 2022 Sun Valley 2 update

Started by Redaktion, May 02, 2022, 22:51:56

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Between missing features, bugs, and draconian hardware requirements, Windows 11 has had quite a mixed reception, to say the least. It is not surprising to see that less than 2% of PCs are running the OS. Will the 22H2 Sun Valley 2 update convince more users to jump over to the dark side?

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Windows-11-22H2-4-indispensible-features-coming-back-in-the-August-2022-Sun-Valley-2-update.616567.0.html

kek

I will say it again: pinned Tiles are way, way better than a s*** ton of icons.

Someone will say they are the same, but not really.
You can resize a Tile, have it with a different tone to make it pop on screen.
You can separate them in groups, and put them in folders.

Using icons as a "substitution" for tiles is a poor idea.

julian.vdm

Quote from: kek on May 03, 2022, 01:56:47
I will say it again: pinned Tiles are way, way better than a s*** ton of icons.

Someone will say they are the same, but not really.
You can resize a Tile, have it with a different tone to make it pop on screen.
You can separate them in groups, and put them in folders.

Using icons as a "substitution" for tiles is a poor idea.

Agreed. Live Tile made it more information-dense and being able to resize the tiles meant you could add depth to the UI by giving them different visual weight in Start.

Barebooh

Oh, I'll tell you even more. There was *NOTHING* wrong with the design of Windows 8.
Das rite.



Superguy

Quote from: Barebooh on May 03, 2022, 07:37:52
Oh, I'll tell you even more. There was *NOTHING* wrong with the design of Windows 8.
Das rite.

As long as you used a program like Classic Shell to make it look like Windows 7, it wasn't too bad. Been running it on one of my old laptops for quite awhile since it didn't get along with Windows 10 (lack of drivers from manufacturer).

julian.vdm

Quote from: Barebooh on May 03, 2022, 07:37:52
Oh, I'll tell you even more. There was *NOTHING* wrong with the design of Windows 8.
Das rite.
Visually, yeah it was perfectly acceptable, but the whole mess with the separate start and desktop was a little clunky. I think not nearly as bad as most made it out to be though. 8.1 was a big improvement though.

MichaelB

Why do we still not have the option to display seconds on the System Tray clock?  I keep reading these kinds of articles hoping to find we are getting this feature back.

roastbeafman87

Quote from: oldschool on May 03, 2022, 16:13:33
Bring back ungrouping of taskbar buttons you hacks!
Yes. This. I used one of the third-party taskbar mode for a while, but I finally decided to just go back to W10. Insane that W11 doesn't have that functionality yet.

Abcdefghij

Quote from: roastbeafman87 on May 04, 2022, 06:46:55
Quote from: oldschool on May 03, 2022, 16:13:33
Bring back ungrouping of taskbar buttons you hacks!
Yes. This. I used one of the third-party taskbar mode for a while, but I finally decided to just go back to W10. Insane that W11 doesn't have that functionality yet.

Yes I also went back to W10 for only this reason.

Nathan P

Quote from: Superguy on May 03, 2022, 17:51:41
As long as you used a program like Classic Shell to make it look like Windows 7, it wasn't too bad. Been running it on one of my old laptops for quite awhile since it didn't get along with Windows 10 (lack of drivers from manufacturer).
Most drivers for Vista, 7, and 8/8.1 work on Windows 10. Sometimes you need to bypass the OS version check by running in compatibility mode or modifying an .inf file.

BrandonF

All that's great.... but when the hell are they actually going to fix the file explorer clunk fest. It's painful to use.

Aztecks

Why the heck they introduced this Disney like ( childish ) theme and you don't even get to change it to the classic win 10 looks!!!
There should be an official method to change the theme easily.
The icons look so sick to me....so childish, I hate the OS for this reason.

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview