News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Apple iPhone 13 mini killers: 3 compact Androids that will blow you away

Started by Redaktion, April 05, 2022, 23:28:31

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

It's hard to believe that the 5.4-inch iPhone 13 mini is the smallest flagship smartphone available. That being said, there are some attractive and compact Android alternatives available. Let's have a look at some of the best options if you hate iOS.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Apple-iPhone-13-mini-killers-3-compact-Androids-that-will-blow-you-away.612084.0.html

Digitalguy

Terrible article, made by someone that has no clue about small phones....
People that like compact phones want them short first and foremost, not just narrow, the Fold here is laughable, and the Sony is extremely long because of the big top and bottom bezels.
And no mention of the S22 which is actually more compact than the Zenfone 8 despite having more usable screen.... 

kek

This articles proves what happens when editors are not doing their job. A quick search around will show compact phones means "less tall", not "less wide".

_MT_

It's funny how you have omitted length. I wonder why. :D Perhaps because there are no truly compact Android phones, at least in the EU and US markets? You might be able to find some in the Japanese market. That's the primary reason why I prefer smaller phones. And of course, if it's not as tall, it won't be as wide as well. Not only I can reach the screen better without having to use a free hand that can move around, it also fits better in a pocket and is a lot lighter.

Have you also noticed how almost nobody these days makes a call by holding a phone to their ear? Instead, they hold it in front of them nearly horizontally close to their mouth so they can speak directly into a microphone and use a loudspeaker (how considerate of them). Ridiculous.

_MT_

Quote from: kek on April 06, 2022, 06:57:38
This articles proves what happens when editors are not doing their job. A quick search around will show compact phones means "less tall", not "less wide".
It's funny, isn't it, that he mentions the Fold but not the Flip or the Razr which are, in my opinion, more relevant. Vanilla S22 is about as small as it gets in the high-end Android world.

ppan

I agree with the other posts. This article misses the point of what a compact flagship smartphone is supposed to be. Neither the Z Fold3 nor the Xperia 5 III are anything close to being compact. Maybe the Zenfone 8, but that is only because there aren't any Android ones today.

I wouldn't even consider the Galaxy S22 compact (like the Zenfone 8, it is still 1.5 cm taller than the iPhone 13 mini). Apple simply has no competition here, look at it how you will.

Samsung hasn't made a truly compact flagship since the S5 mini and the Alpha (maybe the S10e, but even that is questionable). And I can't understand why. I can't believe that there isn't a market for people that want a small phone that easily fits in one's pocket.

_MT_

Quote from: ppan on April 06, 2022, 14:54:52
Samsung hasn't made a truly compact flagship since the S5 mini and the Alpha (maybe the S10e, but even that is questionable). And I can't understand why. I can't believe that there isn't a market for people that want a small phone that easily fits in one's pocket.
S10e is almost as tall as S22. The difference is less than 4 mm. It's the same size category. Like the Xs, like Pixel 5, +-144 mm tall. Or more precisely, S22 sits right between S10e and S10. Yes, those are not compact phones. 125 is compact. But it's as small as you get in a high-end Android.

Lola

I hate the fact that everyone assumes that everybody wants a bigger phone with a bigger screen. I personally love small phones as they can be used one handed which most bigger phones cannot. Also I have very small hands and cannot use most of the mobiles nowadays one handed, which is terribly inconvenient. Just because bigger mobile phones may be preferred do not assume that there is no market for compact smartphones. I know many people including myself who wish there was a smaller android phone to rival the iPhone.

Prasad

Let's admit that there are no iPhone killers in the real world. Time and again apple has proved it. Sorry, editors. You cannot do a better job than this because there is no mini killer out there.

Smaug

What a worthless article, none of these phone even approach the dimensions of a Mini. Didn't help me research at all. I regret giving it my click and eyeball time.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview