News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Alleged Zen 4 AMD Ryzen 5 7600X proves to be up to 11% faster than the ultra-powerful Zen 3 Ryzen 9 5950X in Basemark

Started by Redaktion, July 18, 2022, 08:47:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

AMD is reportedly going to launch the Ryzen 7000 "Raphael" CPUs in September. Per the company, Zen 4 will bring a substantial performance increase over Zen 3. An AMD Raphael engineering sample, possibly the Ryzen 5 7600X, has been spotted on Basemark and it is speedy enough to beat the Ryzen 9 5950X.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Alleged-Zen-4-AMD-Ryzen-5-7600X-proves-to-be-up-to-11-faster-than-the-ultra-powerful-Zen-3-Ryzen-9-5950X-in-Basemark.635256.0.html

heffeque

Give me a 7800U (Phoenix Point Zen 4 + RDNA 3) and I'll be buying a nice little HTPC to replace my laptop connected to the TV.

NikoB

In fact, the most important feature of the Zen4 - gpu get the official certification for Display Port 2.0. Even from NVidia, this is not yet heard in the GTX4xxx. Of course, the bandwidth of 2 channel DDR5 is still shameful, in order to properly serve 8k monitors - you need at least 120-150Gb/s. And this is either 4 channels or DDR5 12000+. It's high time, since manufacturers are blatantly soldering memory on laptops anyway, to switch industry to soldered HBM memory with a bandwidth of 200 Gb/s+. That's when 8k monitors in offices and at home will become the norm...

And with 8k monitors, consumers will get paper-like picture quality when printing on a laser printer at diagonals up to 32" (and more is not necessary on a table in the near field).

And with 8k monitors, consumers will get paper-like picture quality when printing on a laser printer at diagonals up to 32" (and more is not necessary on a table in the near field).

While I was waiting for such a picture quality on the monitor - I got old ... but I wanted it 10 years ago ... =(

Rafael

Quote from: NikoB on July 20, 2022, 15:59:49In fact, the most important feature of the Zen4 - gpu get the official certification for Display Port 2.0. Even from NVidia, this is not yet heard in the GTX4xxx. Of course, the bandwidth of 2 channel DDR5 is still shameful, in order to properly serve 8k monitors - you need at least 120-150Gb/s. And this is either 4 channels or DDR5 12000+. It's high time, since manufacturers are blatantly soldering memory on laptops anyway, to switch industry to soldered HBM memory with a bandwidth of 200 Gb/s+. That's when 8k monitors in offices and at home will become the norm...

While I was waiting for such a picture quality on the monitor - I got old ... but I wanted it 10 years ago ... =(

That's why Direct Storage and similar tech is what's being pushed. Bypass CPU and RAM for textures. It's the only way to realistically achieve it.

Jyl

Quote from: heffeque on July 18, 2022, 14:13:34Give me a 7800U (Phoenix Point Zen 4 + RDNA 3) and I'll be buying a nice little HTPC to replace my laptop connected to the TV.

THIS. What i'm exciting about is with this kind of core and performance it to just have an HTPC with something like proxmox - Xpenology - plex- etc and even a linux/windows gaming emulation / maybe even a windows 11 with AAA gaming with gpu passthrough.
In that kind of scenario, i will definitely use this kind of CPU.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview