News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Apple M2 Max performance projections show upcoming Apple Silicon sailing past Core i9-12900HK in multi-core and reaching RTX 3070 levels of performance

Started by Redaktion, February 19, 2022, 15:27:27

Previous topic - Next topic

Drew Bernstein

How can you get paid for articles when all you did was take the M1 performance numbers, multiply it by an arbitrary coefficient of BS and then proceed to tell us how crushing it might be even if you have a few concerns ever tendered hypothetical BS.

Gescom

"At the moment a M1Max GPU renders the Blender BMW27 scene in 41 seconds. A 3060 laptop renders it in 13 seconds."

Nvidia Optix? Now try rendering an animation with it. It's useless except for the single image benchmark. Useless.

LL

Quote"At the moment a M1Max GPU renders the Blender BMW27 scene in 41 seconds. A 3060 laptop renders it in 13 seconds."

Nvidia Optix? Now try rendering an animation with it. It's useless except for the single image benchmark. Useless.

Yes Nvidia Optix. It is not useless.
You telling that single image is only for benchmarks it shows you don't work professionally.

If you prefer only CUDA it is around 20 seconds.

Rlotus

It would be great to see M2 I & M2 MAXn near future , the performance projected and beating i9 -12900 HK is excellent from MAC prospective,  but one thing for sure it will still be lacking 100% on Gaming platform!

Remy

Geekbench doesn't accurately represent the performance of most applications on x86 and can be manipulated extremely easily especially under Linux.

Probably the only use case it produces accurate numbers for is application compilation as that is heavily memory bound like GB5.

Simply using clean Win7 or Linux distros gives you a good speed jump, let alone messing with kernel drivers & pre-emption.

Gescom

Yes Nvidia Optix. It is not useless.
You telling that single image is only for benchmarks it shows you don't work professionally.

If you prefer only CUDA it is around 20 seconds."

As I said, OptiX is completely useless for any serious cgi work ie animations, usable only for fast previews, I give you that.
And yes, I do cgi/vfx professionally for various adds agencies.
The problem isn't OptiX denoiser itself, but the HYPE around it. Just stop it.

LL

QuoteAnd yes, I do cgi/vfx professionally for various adds agencies.

Then you should know lots of work are stills not animation.

The futuristic

First, M2 Max isn't even coming this year. It will be launched in 2h2023 next year. With next year's perspective, it will be competing with raptor lake mobile, or may be even meteor lake and Zen4 mobile from AMD. So 1800 single core will put apple a generation behind competition. And 14k multi core will be nothing against AMD if 16 core zen4 mobile comes out at CES 2023. And AMD also very efficient now. That 6900hs beats M1 Max under 35 watt in cinebench r23, and 12 hrs of youtube playback with 72 whr battery.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview