News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

2022 Beelink GTR5 mini PC review: An Intel NUC with AMD Ryzen 9

Started by Redaktion, January 29, 2022, 21:37:29

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The GTR5 is the closest thing you can get to an Intel NUC powered by an AMD Zen 3 Ryzen processor. Raw CPU performance is spectacular and beyond most other mini PCs. It's just too bad that there are no Thunderbolt or eGPU options.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/2022-Beelink-GTR5-mini-PC-review-An-Intel-NUC-with-AMD-Ryzen-9.595506.0.html

MOFO

What the .....!
It can't be a NUC because that name is exclusive to Intel, NBR writing is getting lazier and lazier

Vitor

Hi, thanks for the review. It's pretty complete!
But I have one question about the audio devices of the beelink gtr5

I'm looking for a mini PC so I can hook it up to a 7.1 surround home theater system. One with those doubly, Atmos, all those types of tags. Would the beelink gtr5 work with it? 5.1 and 7.1 surround sound?

Jibun no Kage

Sorry but BeeLink systems have horrible support, especially for Windows 11, see the Amazon customer reviews for details.  There are no Windows 11 drivers that work.  For example, built-in fingerprint reader is DOA with Windows 11.  BeeLink support is just barely there, takes weeks to get a response and all they suggest is reload of software, OS, etc.  REALLY NOT A GOOD EXPERIENCE.  Many units fail in less than 1 year as well per the Amazon feedback and reviews.  Mine is 6 months old, and now I will not be surprised if it fails soon.

CR

I've got a more recent iteration of this excellent GTR5 5900HX. 5th generation.
I won't comment, or contest the "support" statement. Because I haven't needed them, yet.

But for the time being I can clearly state that no issues showed up regarding the fingerprint reader. In fact work surprisingly well (win11) Bluetooth, network, etc. etc. All work perfectly!

There's ONE severe fault in my opinion. My Logitech mouse and keyboard tend to lag or "flicker" under Win 11.
I narrow down the issue to drivers/software.
None of these symptoms or behavior, show up when the machine is started with Linux! Confirming it's a software "thing". Most probably driver issue!

All in all excellent value for money.
At this point in time I can state it with confidence.
Cheers

CR

BTW I forgot to mention that the lag or "flicker" on the Logitech keyboard and mouse. Happen from my normal location about 2.5 to 3 meters away from the machine! It's connected to the TV.
With both mouse and keyboard closer, like in a normal desk environment. The symptoms are mostly gone.

Either it's a serious negative point. Because all other PC's I used previously on the exact same location and circumstances. Never missed a beat. ;-)     

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview