News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Dell Latitude 14 5420 review: A laptop so close to claiming the business crown

Started by Redaktion, January 27, 2022, 10:22:18

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

We are testing Dell's mainstream business laptop. Although the 14-inch device appears to include everything you can hope for, the clickpad is huge downgrade. In this review we will explore many aspects in detail, such as the impressive processor performance and the less impressive iGPU performance.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Dell-Latitude-14-5420-review-A-laptop-so-close-to-claiming-the-business-crown.595678.0.html

vertigo

No laptop with those stupid half-height arrow keys can be considered a "business" laptop IMO. Without a proper keyboard, a laptop, regardless of anything else, is a toy.

kek

I knew it!

I knew Dell would put a trash touchpad on it. And no inverted T arrow keys is so annoying.

Guess we will have to wait to see if they revert those changes on the 5430.

JP101

>> Our variation of the Dell Latitude 5420 with the Core i5-1135G7, 8 GB of RAM and a 256-GB SSD (D2G5W) is the base configuration of the model, which retails for just under $1000

Unfortunately, it does NOT retail for under $1000. It retails for $1,479.

TT

I've seen this notebook in my previous company. Unfortunately all the units were shipped with BOE LCD panel (not AUO like in this review). The same was with Latitude 5520 models. And they all had PWM (<99% britghtness).
Notebookcheck review can be misleading for people looking for flicker-free notebooks. Dell (like many companies) is using LCD panels from many suppliers. It's a lottery if you get flicker-free AUO or shitty BOE screen.

algoree

You must be mistaken... I support Govt org >10k people and more than 1k Latitute 5430 failed within 1-5months. It's so super bad from adaptor, docking, display, motherboard, anything can fail. It's so bad never seen anything so bad that calls itself BUSINESS laptop.
I'm suprised Dell haven't got lawsuit from this country.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview