News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Lenovo Thinkbook 14 G3 on sale for $513 USD with Ryzen 5 5500U, upgradeable 8 GB of RAM, 1080p IPS display, and 512 GB PCIe SSD

Started by Redaktion, December 18, 2021, 04:10:31

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Students or business users who want something more professional than an IdeaPad without needing to spend an arm or a leg for a "proper" ThinkPad model can consider the Lenovo ThinkBook series instead.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-Thinkbook-14-G3-on-sale-for-513-USD-with-Ryzen-5-5500U-upgradeable-8-GB-of-RAM-1080p-IPS-display-and-512-GB-PCIe-SSD.586999.0.html

Dodfr

Be careful, the Ryzen 5 5500U based ThinkBook G3 series are miles away from Intel i5-1135G7 for 3D performances as they are not provided with Vega 7.
I just bought one and 3D benchmarks far away from Iris Xe, I spent time to understand why and it seems that Lenovo only equip their 5500U with basic unkown "Lucienne" Radeon 448SP GPU that I didn't know it existed and problem is that all Ryzen 5 5500U versus Intel Core i5-1135G7 benchmark I saw (and I saw a lot beofre choosing between AMD or Intel model) always compared Radeon Vega 7 vs Iris Xe GPU so I didn't know that a 5500U could come without Vega 7, so don't be fooled like I did, if you look for decent 3D performances go for Thinkbook G2 Intel's Core i5 models.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview