News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

MSI Vector GP66 12UGS laptop review: 150 W TGP GeForce RTX 3070 Ti sweet spot

Started by Redaktion, March 03, 2022, 06:31:51

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The 15.6-inch GP66 series has been refreshed this year with new processors, new displays, and a new name. Performance is impressive on all fronts, but you'll have to make the choice between higher fan noise or warmer temperatures when gaming.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/MSI-Vector-GP66-12UGS-laptop-review-150-W-TGP-GeForce-RTX-3070-Ti-sweet-spot.600875.0.html

LWT

Hi Allen,

Thanks so much for covering fan noise across the different profiles. I hope this becomes standard in the future - it really helps with purchase decisions.

"Silent" and "Extreme Performance" modes might as well not exist for my usage.

RobertJasiek

The review speaks of easy serviceability but can the left fan, which is under a heatpipe, be removed for cleaning without removing heatpipes or even thermal paste?

The review speaks of gaming under balanced mode but, if it only means 3D gaming, it should say so explicitly. (I guess that my machine learning gaming would rather need to use extreme performance mode.)

The review says "Graphics performance on Balanced mode is reduced by only 4 to 5 percent": does this apply to all applications or only to 3D gaming applications? Hasn't the review only tested GPU performance for the latter and failed to test it for productivity, creation, machine learning etc. entirely? E.g., I see Blender tested on the CPU but I want to know the results of such tests on the GPU! Instead, the review only tests the GPU as if 3D gaming were its only viable use.

Pete Pander

1080p panel with a high tgp 3070 is a complete and utter waste. I don't understand these terrible design choice of a high refresh panel on laptop screens, where you are bound by the CPU.

Andrew Morris

Hey Allen, I owned this machine for a couple of weeks and was wondering if you noticed a buzzing noise coming from the CPU fan at an RPM of about 2,000? Above this RPM the noise went away.

VAk

is it possible to replace ddr4 memory with ddr5 in GP66/76 Vector, or does the MSI Vector motherboard not support the ddr5 standard in principle?

Goratrix

Quote from: VAk on April 18, 2022, 13:35:03is it possible to replace ddr4 memory with ddr5 in GP66/76 Vector, or does the MSI Vector motherboard not support the ddr5 standard in principle?

Laptops came out and can support only one type of memory, what is decided by the manufacturer.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview