News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

AMD vs Intel - Power efficiency

Started by Redaktion, November 26, 2021, 11:43:31

Previous topic - Next topic

ArsLoginName

The data that you seek regarding the linearity (or lack of) for AMD's Renoir and Matisse (Zen 2) on TSMC's 7 nm is shown here:

www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/iea824/comparison_of_8c16t_mobile_renoir_to_desktop/

If you just want to get an idea of monolithic APU performance as a function of processor U, H, and HS ratings as a function of power, see here: (note chose laptops that exhibited no thermal throttling from notebookcheck and ultrabookreview if I remember correctly):

www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/ie9yc9/comparison_of_8c16t_renoir_mobile_performance_as/

TSMC's 7 nm process is highly tuned for lower powers.  There is a rapid increase in power for minimal performance gains above 65 W. This is unlike Intel's '10 nm ESF' which is rather linear to 80-90W as shown by Techspot. Please note that I sent Techspot staff my analysis a while *before* they did their Tiger Lake analysis.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview