News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Lenovo ThinkPad X13 Gen 2 review: AMD Ryzen Pro makes the compact business laptop fast

Started by Redaktion, November 24, 2021, 00:18:21

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The Lenovo ThinkPad X13 Gen 2 already received a very good rating in its version with an Intel CPU. The compact business laptop gets even better with the AMD Ryzen 5000 series. The Cezanne U CPUs make the Lenovo ThinkPad faster while reducing temperatures and fan noise.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-ThinkPad-X13-Gen-2-review-AMD-Ryzen-Pro-makes-the-compact-business-laptop-fast.580644.0.html

Anonym

This model is a mirage in most of Europe. Nevertheless, those who can wait should definitely do so until next year: AMD will finally have USB 4.0 (i.e., TB support) and Intel will also start shaking things up with Alder Lake.

The X13 Gen 2 would be a fantastic computer were not for AMD's stubbornness in not giving proper consideration to TB and the needs of the professional mobile market. Lenovo's cost excuse to not include TB in the AMD version is the final nail in the coffin, as if the X13 was some budget line were the controller cost would make such a difference.

The review shows this is a great computer and I would have bought it in an heartbeat. Nevertheless, next year I'll have to give proper consideration to the Intel models: and that's a really good thing, more competition is better for everyone, can't allow AMD to become the next Intel (those "two cores are all you'll ever need" mindset and the many security mitigations that took away performance are something I won't forget that easily).

Emre Agah

It is interesting to see that memory of AMD version of X13 G2 has been configured as dual channel while memory of Intel version of X13 G2 has been confiured as quad channel albeit PSREF documentation says both Intel and AMD versions of X13 G2s are configured as dual-channel. You may highlight this difference when it comes to compare iGPU performance of Intel and AMD in respect, other than that it is `the` review of thinkpad as usual from notebookcheck.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview