News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Thin is in: MSI GF75 Thin 9SC Laptop Review

Started by Redaktion, July 16, 2019, 10:10:07

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

While the GTX 1650 is an excellent upgrade over the GTX 1050 or GTX 1050 Ti, we can't say the same about the Core i7-9750H over the Core i7-8750H. Be prepared to spend $1200 for a budget gaming laptop with the performance level of an older GTX 1060.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Thin-is-in-MSI-GF75-Thin-9SC-Laptop-Review.427413.0.html

Patrick Star

This laptop is priced around $1290 in Indonesia, however the price is on par with other laptops with i7 and GTX 1650 here. GTX 1660 Ti laptops are still expensive here, they reach $1430 and beyond, while RTX laptops are even more expensive. The only "cheap" GTX 1660 Ti laptop is Asus TUF series, they're below $1200, but they're equipped with Ryzen's quad-core instead of Intel's six-core.
So, what I'm saying is, the price and consideration vary between countries.

Thank you for providing a review for this laptop. This laptop has been sold since April in my country but reviews for it are almost non-existent. This laptop has good screen though, it has good color coverage which is hard to find in this price segment.

Mstyslav Beybudov

according to official msi page i can see, that this unit have different cooling system.

I bought it

I bought GF75 2020 model: You pay for portability (not so heavy, thin) laptop, good perofrmance, nice build quality, nice keyboard. With what you pay is Loud AF cooling, basicaly in games under heavy loads fans rev so high, you MUST wear headphones, very little battery, and the most s*** is the screen color gammut, omg im not a photoshop editor or somthing but even i can tell if the color instead of being red is reddish orange, you can literaly feel the lack of colours on this screen (i red about this poor colour gammut and thought ah it will be fine how bad can it be and I bought it, and it is just unacceptable) You have been warned.

Mohamed Reda

This is almost the cheapest and also the lightest 17.3-inch laptop in Egypt. It retails for $1130 and it's exactly what I needed for college, programming, and news editing side hustle. A brilliant package for non-gamers like me as well as gamers I assume.

Jivat

Amazing product .
Awesome performance at a affordable price .
Screen is gorgeous.
Cooler boost is Fab.
Sound is nice .
Crisp and responsive keyboard .
Overall Nice purchase

Tony

Decent machine, but not without caveats.

I bought it in Feb 2020 (clearance model from 2019), aside from a few times it froze up on me, it's still just as fast as when new. But in terms of performance, it's fine for basic, older, or occasional gaming, but if you're a heavy gamer who wants max settings and new titles, I'd save up for something better.

Compared to my previous laptop from 2012, it is actually lighter by weight despite the 17" size making it nicely mobile. The screen size is great and gets no glare. Keys are nice, thin bezels are worthwhile.

Gaming performance is generally adequate, but just barely so in higher graphical demands where the GPU seems to struggle a bit. I recently ran Jedi: Fallen Order on max settings with acceptable FPS (averaging low-mid 50s), though it does drop occasionally. I can run Witcher 3 on max settings with similar frame rates. I have modded Skyrim/Enderal which runs easily 100-200+ FPS with retexture but struggles with ENB. With heavy ENB, game looks amazing and FPS is playable, but not ideal - 30-50 FPS which could be better. Another downside is no thunderbolt 3 port, so if you wanted to use an external GPU, this isn't possible.

While it might manage acceptably with most games, a more annoying problem I encountered with this PC is overheating. This doesn't happen with less demanding games, but with anything demanding, even when the CPU is not pushing past 30 or 40%, it still seems to spike past 90 degrees celsius, even when undervolted. The GPU will run up to mid-high 80s on high demands. I use the cooler boost to counteract this but it's annoying to keep switching it, not to mention that the hotkeys in Dragon Centre glitches and have to reset it every time or it doesn't work in-game. If it runs too hot, like the article says, the body near the screen heats up, feels like you could fry an egg on it. I figure this might be due to the thin design, but I feel like the automatic cooling could be better programmed so I don't have to manually turn on cooler boost all the time.

Something else slightly disappointing, cosmetically, was the keys being clear plastic but painted black/red. I got this computer in 2020 when COVID 19 started, and I often used hand sanitizer. If the sanitizer isn't *100%* dry on your fingers, it will eat the paint right off the keys. 3 of my keys are ruined from this, unfortunately.

Overall, decent machine, an would buy this brand again. Though, it has been rapidly outpaced by technology. For the same price as this laptop, you can now get one with an RTX 3060 and better processor.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview