News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Samsung Galaxy S10+ Smartphone Review

Started by Redaktion, February 23, 2019, 03:35:41

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

10 years of Samsung Galaxy S. The S10+ is just one of the five smartphones that the South Korean manufacturer announced at its Galaxy UNPACKED event, but it is currently the largest Galaxy S10 model available to pre-order. The S10+ has a large, almost borderless Dynamic AMOLED display, whose surface is interrupted only by the punch-hole that houses the front-facing cameras. The new flagship is powered by a faster SoC, more and better cameras, along with up to 1 TB of internal storage. Read on to find out whether Samsung has done enough to create a smartphone worth of celebrating the anniversary of the Galaxy S series.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Samsung-Galaxy-S10-Smartphone-Review.410629.0.html

lneam

I hope soon, there will one updated review for both version of S10 for 9820 and 855 SoC.
Why that ? Because I would like to see the difference between GNSS receivers about dual frequency L1 + L5. As we already know Exynos SoC use extrenal GNSS receiver from broadcom, but Qualcom use in-house iZat technology embedded into 855 Soc.
It will be more easy to discover this, using GPSTest (Sean Barbeau) as you did with latest review of LG V40. This utility has dedicated column "CF" for dual band view support.

thanks

Sliderpro

Yeah, nice phone. Except they batshit crazy with the price. It's simply unaffordable. Its good, but it is not good enough for that price. I can buy that for 500$, because there is nothing inside that costs 900$.
Oh well. S9+ is on sale and it's good enough. Nothing really changed except the processor and wide angle camera. At half the price

M2018

Ozgur

Ozgur

Could you also check if the micro SD card reader supports bus speeds of UHS-II & III.

Thanks

Ando

I'm really interested to see the GPS performance of the 855 as it's supposed to do dual frequency.

ikkey

I did the throttling test on gfxbench already waiting for the official results. I owend s8+ in past. Both are exynos.

Manhattan 3.1    

s9 +           2792x1440      862.2 (1490)      0.58 performance
s10+   2730x1440      1243 (1250)      0.99 performance
s10+   2074x1080      2274(3536)      0.64 performance
s8+           2220x1080      1382(2344)      0.59 performance

(the s9 i never owned i copied numbers from review)
(the test in high performance mode the phone was already heated from other tests)

A very cool finding is this phone posts better gfxbench test then my laptop a intel i7 7500u with geforce 940mx.

Aztec opengl High offscreen: S10+ (1112) 940 mx (936)
Aztec opengl Low offscreen: S 10+ (2961) 940 mx (2103)
car chase offscreen: S10+ (2513) 940mx (1991)
car chase onscreen: S10+ (2333) 940mx (1472)
manhattan:S10+ (5286) 940mx (3905)
t-rex offscreen:S10+ (5800) 940mx (6845)
manhattan 3.1 long term (both at full hd): S10+ (2279) 940mx (1723)

I wonder what you Americans get for values ;-). Anyone kind enough to post?

Deaman

On the ultra wide angle shot the outer left side is blurry. My S10 has a similar issue (only even much worse), only on the right side. It is very apparent in photos. Yet Samsung Service told me it is normal for an ultra wide angle to be thus unevenly sharp.

I bought this (USD 900!) phone for its ultra wide angle camera and it is disappointing. Be aware of the bad quality control and possibly unhelpful service centers before buying this phone.

The Xiami Mi 9 i tested was excellent, had perfect cameras and costs only half of the S10. I'd have a look at that one as well.

yatra

Thx for the thorough review. I think you should review your own review if I may, especially in regards to battery life. I've been reading many others review, and you're getting the worst battery time by far.
Take Anandtech, they are getting 13h with Exynos, wifi on, while you're only getting 8h...
GSM arena gets almost 12h.
Please consider updating these values, maybe a new firmware corrected this so we can compare this phone properly with its competitors.
thanks for your consideration

Drobatorium

Quote from: yatra on May 18, 2019, 10:19:03
Thx for the thorough review. I think you should review your own review if I may, especially in regards to battery life. I've been reading many others review, and you're getting the worst battery time by far.
Take Anandtech, they are getting 13h with Exynos, wifi on, while you're only getting 8h...
GSM arena gets almost 12h.
Please consider updating these values, maybe a new firmware corrected this so we can compare this phone properly with its competitors.
thanks for your consideration

Indeed, there was an update to improve battery life.

Please update your review accordingly.

I know it's pain in the *** to keep track to all technology coming out but please do this.

Peter pt

I'm using one to write this, specs aside the nova 5t is just so much more usable. For example, i never get around to watch a video in the S10+ fullscreen mode without it  reverting 2, 3 times to a small window, never happened once with the Chinese tech. I just cannot belive what a piece of junk this mobile is, 7 hours to charge fully, heavy, buggy, clunky...on that note this S10+ is soooo bad I'm cancelling an order for another "top of the line" samsung...no, not even with a 46% discount

I know its all subjective but it would be nice to find a way of conveying a usability factor to your reviews.

Love them nevertheless, great job, well done

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview