News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

The new MacBook Pro 14 only manages 500 nits with SDR contents

Started by Redaktion, October 26, 2021, 23:38:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Apple advertises the new Mini-LED MacBook Pro 14 with a peak brightness of up to 1600 nits and a sustained brightness of 1000 nits, but these values seem to be limited to HDR contents. Standard SDR contents are limited to 500 nits, which is comparable to the current MacBook Pro 13.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/The-new-MacBook-Pro-14-only-manages-500-nits-with-SDR-contents.575327.0.html

ariliquin

Isn't this normal in an HDR display? What are the SDR numbers on other HDR displays?

Skycubix

Quote from: ariliquin on October 26, 2021, 23:46:52
Isn't this normal in an HDR display? What are the SDR numbers on other HDR displays?
Well, the iPad Pro 12.9" supports 600 nits at SDR, so they could have increased the brightness.

PolCPP

Apparently is so they can match 1-1 the big XDR display.

@ariliquin usually the sustained is the SDR max, and peak the HDR one

Nick Evans

In your review, please also address if there is any visible or measurable halo effect in high-contrast areas.

Ayoh

It may get brighter if the ambient light sensor is exposed to bright light (i.e.sunlight). Try shining a light on the notch to see if it increase brightness

Andreas Osthoff

Jordi

matck

Hello,
I received the macbook pro 16 2021 I intend to calibrate the screen with displaycal apart from disabling true tone and the brightness.

I have to calibrate the screen from the "apple display p3 500 nit" profile?
thank you

JulienA

any sneak peak into the display response time? Only you guys at notebookcheck measure this data reliably, and it is a very good indicator on the perceived smoothness of animations.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview