News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Intel Core i9-12900HK: 14 core and 20 thread processor pulls no punches with the Apple M1 Max in leaked Geekbench listing

Started by Redaktion, October 24, 2021, 23:20:17

Previous topic - Next topic

Ish

Cool... so what are the chances it will come in a 14" laptop and will be practically silent under demanding loads?

I'm going to say the chances are pretty unlikely.

Michaeldd

Painting people as Apple fanboys just paint yourself as an Intel fanboy and no, at present I down own any Apple hardware.

What value do you put in a single, unspecified leaked benchmark, a Geekbench one at that?

Gen on gen Intel is making 'large' improvements this time round, but they're also 'improving' their launch pricing in the process.

These new chips are expected to run hot, so everybody is already assuming they will massively thermal throttle in I'll wait for real world benchmarks and reviews.

The laptop chips aren't expected to launch till Q1 , around the same time Apple might launch their M2 chips.

This is probably yet another attempt by the Intel PR machine to try to steal the limelight from Apple as Apple's market share for PC/laptop sales has started growing like wildfire since the launch of M1 (think it was a 60% growth year on year).

If I wasn't a gamer, I'd probably also have one if the new Macbooks on order. They're far from cheap, but like for like, they're no worse value than high end Intel/AMD laptops.

Dero

What an idiotic article. The benchmark numbers not only completely disprove the headline, but are based on an engineering sample that will no doubt be lower than the final production chip.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview