News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Asus Zenbook 14X OLED pre-production unit review: That's some punchy colors!

Started by Redaktion, October 24, 2021, 20:02:33

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The 14-inch laptop from Asus combines a stunning OLED display with a first-class case that is both sturdy and high-quality. Performance should also be great thanks to the MX450 and a Tiger Lake SoC from Intel. Read on to find out what we liked and disliked about the pre-production model.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Asus-Zenbook-14X-OLED-pre-production-unit-review-That-s-some-punchy-colors.574215.0.html

bravo123

sk128

I recently bought a Lenovo Thinkbook G2 AMD 5900HX with the same 2.8K 90Hz OLED panel, and it had PWM all the way to full brightness. I detected PWM by using my Samsung Note 10+'s super slow motion mode, which clearly showed flickering all the way to full brightness (it showed no flicker in any of my desktop monitors and another IPS laptop I have), and really bad flickering at lower brightness levels. The reason I even did this test was that I noticed that the laptop was giving me eye strain, so I did some research and found out about the OLED PWM issue. I have always been sensitive to screen flicker, so I assume that is what was causing eye strain.

Is Asus doing something different with the same panel for it not to have any PWM at below 50%? I am assuming it is the same panel as only Samsung seems to be making them. Is PWM controlled by the laptop manufacturer, i.e, can the same panel used in different laptops exhibit different PWM behavior?

RinzImpulse

I'm surprised you guys reviewed manufacturer's pre-production unit which most likely different compared to real retail unit

Pablo ElSur

And what about this two fan Ice Cool Plus technology that is advertised by Asus for 14X. Nonexistent in the end?

Just me

Surprised stranger

This review is basically useless, because the cooling system on the production units has two fans, which affects the performances and noise A LOT. Units on shelves are much better than this pre-production sample. I don't know why ASUS sent this unit anyway.

Dorby

The same Samsung Gen 3 OLED display is available for only $680.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/ASUS-VivoBook-Pro-14-OLED-K3400-14-WQXGA-OLED-Intel-Core-%5B%E2%80%A6%5Duiet-Blue-Windows-10-Home-K3400PA-WH51/194597162

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview