News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Framework Laptop 13.5 Review: If Microsoft Made A Repairable Surface Laptop, This Would Be It

Started by Redaktion, July 26, 2021, 17:21:21

Previous topic - Next topic

Faris Hanafiah

For a laptop with DDR4 RAM, 8 hours of battery usage is actually very impressive. Even the Lenovo ThinkPad L13 Yoga 2 can come close to it despite using the same type of RAM. I would definitely love to own this laptop, but it's a bummer that Framework doesn't ship it beyond the USA.

ScotchRick

I own a Framework laptop, DIY Edition (i7-1185G7, 64GB RAM, SN850 NVME). Unless your computing needs require a high-end GPU, the Iris graphics will get the job done, even when plugged into external monitors. It is incredibly fast and versatile. The expansion cards are hot-pluggable and easily exchangeable. This is a compact, powerhouse with the end-user in mind. Keep in mind, with their eye toward upgradability and sustainability, the company will only last if people are willing to take the plunge and invest in a user repairable and upgradeable laptop. I was willing to take that plunge, and so far I have been happy with the results.

Rpi4

I bought the Framework and returned it. I experienced some really strange boot problems with the blinking LED phenomenon. The laptop appeared completely incompatible with Debian Linux. I also found the display to be far too glossy to look at. If Framework were to put out a larger laptop with matte display and less flimsy chassis, I would likely buy it, as other manufacturers continue to disappoint in the area of Right to Repair.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview