News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Tutorial: Get started with the Android Subsystem on Windows 11 — Sideload APKs and even enable Google Play Services

Started by Redaktion, October 23, 2021, 18:38:19

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Microsoft just released the Windows Subsystem for Android (WSA) to Insiders in the Beta and Release Preview rings via the Amazon Appstore. In this tutorial, we take a look at the various installation methods possible, sideload APKs, work with the Android filesystem, and even work our way to get Google Play Services up and running.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Tutorial-Get-started-with-the-Android-Subsystem-on-Windows-11-Sideload-APKs-and-even-enable-Google-Play-Services.574829.0.html

YUKI93

This is pretty much the case of "Goodbye, Chromebook". Now I see even less appeal to get a Chrome OS device.

Kage-Yami

I think "slow" is the only option for the unofficial method; the "rp" (release preview?) is not even a megabyte, and results in a blank window once installed.

Ilana Olsen

:'( I will have to wait til they improve the WSA and I'm still wary by the WSL doesn't work so well for me.  It's buggy and difficult.  I have a Windows 10.1 machine and I'll have to upgrade soon, but that won't make the decision for me.  I am wary of crashes of Windows by they don't perfect it enough and like they announced in the news: they need like 17000 more cybersecurity employees.   I think maybe my WSL was hacked and that's the problem.  I'd rather buy a dedicated machine for Android.  Anyways, signing off
-Ilana

Laplink Software

With Microsoft's recent release of Windows® 11, PCmover® makes upgrading or refreshing your PC easy. PCmover gives you peace of mind with a simple setup wizard, complete selectivity, auto-detect and connection capabilities, cloud directory transfer options, default folder reconfiguration technology, an easy "undo" feature, and free expert assistance — 24/7. No wonder it's the only software of its kind recommended by Microsoft®, Intel® and all major PC manufacturers.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview