News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Dell XPS 15 9510 Core i5 laptop review: Basic model with the brakes engaged

Started by Redaktion, October 22, 2021, 02:22:12

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The Dell XPS 15 continues to be one of the few high-end multimedia laptops that is optionally also offered without a dedicated graphics card. So while those who are looking only for a fast processor should really be at the right place here, Dell also limits the CPU performance unnecessarily.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Dell-XPS-15-9510-Core-i5-laptop-review-Basic-model-with-the-brakes-engaged.574450.0.html

Qyygle

So, this i5 option has the same cooling system as the i7 with dGPU, supposedly spreading a smaller heat load into a cooling system designed for much higher wattage...
But Dell has power limited it, AND it still runs at 90*+ when stress testing???
HAH Dell's, what a joke

funny21

It's quite annoying that the latest XPS 15 9510 is getting worse battery life than the previous model. Anyone know if there is any way to resolve this?

S

THANK YOU, Notebookcheck, for calling out the Rattling of the speakers, although I wish it wasn't just a footnote in the cons list.

This has been a problem with Dells for years, and on other models too (e.g. Latitude 7480 from years ago)...not just this XPS lineup and last years' XPS. It's a hardware problem that they are ignoring.

We need big media outlets like you to name and shame them.

@funny21 Probably no way to fix the battery life, 11th gen Intel H seems less battery efficient than 10th gen. Same thing happened with 9700 vs 9710 and other laptops.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview