News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Mac Pro with 40 CPU cores and 128 GPU cores worth of Apple Silicon will erase all memories of the desktop with Intel Core and AMD Radeon parts

Started by Redaktion, October 19, 2021, 13:31:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The Mac Pro has been described as being in line for up to 40 cores of CPU power and a staggering 128 cores of GPU power for the next iteration of the expensive Apple desktop. Apple Silicon will be used instead of Intel and AMD parts, possibly in the form of multiple connected units of the just-announced M1 Max processor.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Mac-Pro-with-40-CPU-cores-and-128-GPU-cores-worth-of-Apple-Silicon-will-erase-all-memories-of-the-desktop-with-Intel-Core-and-AMD-Radeon-parts.573956.0.html

[]

i don't want to imagine how will be with A15 soc with LPDDR5X@84000MT/s in 3D stack.

AMD&intel will die finally.

wait for Qualcomm with their new proc based on ARMv9 20% more efficient and 40% faster than v8.

Think different

toven

This is good for us consumers. When AMD can't compete with Intel we get skylake 14++++ for 5 generations. When intel can't compete with AMD we start getting zen+ ,zen3+. With the 3rd players involve we could stop getting those plus plus plus for good.

Ariliquin

It's crazy to think Apple let the engineers who designed these to walk away and then get Squires by Qualcomm. Biggest mistake, they would have been better off investing in their future to ensure their competitors did not benefit.

If these chips are true then R.I.P Intel, just need game developers to start supporting Apple Silicon, I want to game on these.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview