News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Lenovo IdeaPad 5 14ALC05 in review: Compact, powerful, enduring

Started by Redaktion, May 22, 2021, 23:50:21

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Lenovo's 14-inch laptop offers a powerful APU, space for two NVMe SSDs, and very good battery runtimes. The RAM (16 GB, dual-channel mode) cannot be expanded.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-IdeaPad-5-14ALC05-in-review-Compact-powerful-enduring.540501.0.html

TheUghs

Sascha, et al: are you ABSOLUTELY sure about that 5.4 Wh idling?

Not the first Ryzen we see with these numbers, and Intel's have to trouble hitting <3 Wh on this same Compal battery. I don't get it.

If you (1) blow up those 3 Wh by factoring out all the Intel tricks, so:
no more reduced panel self-refresh (60Hz -> 40 Hz),
no more uncoupled VDDC (which Lucienne & up now does anyway),
and forget about 500 MHz LFM...

Then, (2) when you re-adjust for:
AMD-standard 48Hz,
Vari-Bright (AKA "88 nits is enough for everybody"),
and package V gating (for each separate die of Zen cores),

you should arrive right where you started. At 3 Wh. Perhaps even lower. What's going on then?..

Najib

Finally you guys have posted the review!

I have purchased the Lenovo Ideapad 5 14ALC05 last April in Malaysia for an equivalent of $620 for Ryzen 5 5500U, 8GB RAM + 512GB SSD.

But mine came with a 44.5 Wh Battery and its charges via 65W proprietary DC port although the USB Type-C port supports Power Delivery.

With this battery capacity, I only manage to achieve an endurance between 5 to 7 hours.

Everything else seems the same. I wonder why Lenovo has shipped this model with different battery capacities.

Lukáš Přikryl

I bought it 2 months ago (Czech Republic) with the same specifics and it's performing about the same either - I gets more than 10 hours constantly, but it needs to be said, I switched it to the battery saving mode via Radeon power management. BTW, I got it very cheep without preinstalled Windows. 

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview