News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

When 24 threads are faster than 32: Intel Core i9-12900K convincingly beats AMD Ryzen 9 5950X in Geekbench single and multi-core tests

Started by Redaktion, August 29, 2021, 10:42:04

Previous topic - Next topic

Rehy

I am not sure from where those geekbench scores came from. On Asus B450 motherboatd with 3400mhz ram cl14, Ryzen 9 5900x on stock(no pbo, no oc) scored 1734 single/ 15085 multithrea. On quality x570 motherboard with strong VRM score must be even higher.
Yet in official geekbench page R9 5950x scored 43 points lower than my 5900x and only 1640 points in multithread even it has 4core 8 threads more? These results does not make any sence.

Fair comarsion will be with ddr4, current motherboards under windows 10.

dsadasdsa

Funny how AMD fanboys are getting nervous and all over the place. I myself have a 4800H laptop, but I am able to accept the fact that maybe ADL will be better than what AMD has currently and for the time being.
AMD next product is zen 3 with vcache, which will bring better gaming and some improvements in benches, but nothing major. This product will be on the market until end of next year when zen 4 comes...so Intel has all the chances to regain performance lead with alder lake.
You say ddr5 comparison isn't fair? If it supports ddr5, then it is fair...people will be able to buy it with this kind of dram and get better performance than 5950x. What is the problem with that? Also, please take the time and read anandtech coverage of the new high performance/high efficiency cores. Especially the small cores are, at least from the description, a huge deal and could be on par with zen 1 IPC, if not even better. If that is the case, then it is no wonder that it matches 5950x in MT or even overtakes it. The biggest problem with alder lake will be price and power and I expect it to not be cheap and to consume quite a lot of power more than the 5950x. But at least Intel has a chance now to bridge the huge gap amd has created during the past years.

Rehy

Quote from: Jezwinni on August 30, 2021, 11:52:09
Quote from: Cristovao Domingos on August 30, 2021, 01:43:39
When 300w are 10%faster than 144w!?

When people are more interested in better performance than an extra £6 a year on their electricity bill.

When people can't accept the CPU they bought isn't the best anymore.

When AMD shrills look down the list of stats for anything they can possibly elevate as most important as it is the only metric they still lead in.

When people are so childish that the box that colour the box a CPU came in dictates whether it is any good.

When people kind of get the picture.

Even I was bit of AMD fanboy, I am glad that intel is still competitive. I dont care about manufacturer anymore, but theyr products.

As an owner of Ryzen 9 5900x on old b450 motherboard, I am surprised how low score 5900x and 5950x has. Those benchmark results of Ryzens does not make any sence. If my score with old mobo are not only higher than r9 5900x, but even higher than r9 5950x there is just something wrong.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview