News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

HP Envy 17 cg1356ng review: A large multimedia laptop

Started by Redaktion, August 20, 2021, 00:04:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

With its 17-inch display, the HP Envy 17 is well-suited for the consumption of media contents, as well as for simple games and office tasks. An Intel Core i5-1135G7 and Nvidia's GeForce MX450 are supposed to deliver sufficient performance for this. Our review shows how well this works out.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/HP-Envy-17-cg1356ng-review-A-large-multimedia-laptop.555966.0.html

ARneo

I have an Envy 15 with i7-10750 + RTX2060 Max-Q + 4K OLED and i like it a lot for 3D modeling, coding, Unity, etc. It even runs recent games at decent settings. I don't quite understand the direction HP has taken with this Envy 17 - I expected bigger GPU and processor, instead it is more of an office machine with paltry MX450 GPU.  I would've loved to upgrade my 15 to 17 to get the num pad and hopefully a better trackpad, but this is not it.

duzenko

I don't understand the decision to add MX450 to the similarly powered Xe GPU. I assume they just pick the parts randomly, but whatever, market will decide.
Other than GPU choice and limited battery capacity, this seems like a decent system overall for many use cases.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview