News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Windows 11's strict hardware requirements cannot be bypassed, Microsoft admits, "We know it sucks... we will still block you"

Started by Redaktion, July 31, 2021, 09:59:35

Previous topic - Next topic

_V1_

The decision not to support older hardware makes perfect sense if the system is lighter and MSFT disposes of legacy features and some (or all) of the backwards compatibility. So please provide a true NT 7 kernel instead of what you did when W10 was released (for the record they renamed NT 6.4 to NT 10 and said it's a completely new system).
NT 6.0 - Vista
NT 6.1 - W7
NT 6.2 - W8
NT 6.3 - W8.1
NT 6.4 - W10 (aka NT 10 - bravo marketing)

I'm 100% certain that nothing that actually makes sense will happen and Microsoft will again release a refurbished NT6 kernel and market it as something innovative.
But hey, making changes and writing new code does not make as much money as doing half (or less) the work and using clever marketing tricks. It's not Microsoft who made this possible, but you dear consumers ;)
Cheers.

BTW Linux still isn't a system for everyone.

actionjksn

If I upgrade through The insider program, I'm still trying to figure out what happens when the full finished product comes out?

I have Windows 10 pro, would there be any worry of me losing that after the testing period is over?  I want to test Windows 11 out but I don't want to end up getting downgraded or something at the end of the testing period.

If it's possible to Pirate it without too much hassle I would be open to that. I'd rather not have to honestly. I may just keep Windows 10 forever.

I have a 4th generation core i7 processor, Nvidia gt750 graphics card and 16 gigs of RAM with 1 TB SSD. It's a MacBook pro but I only run Windows on it I hate Apple.

cjb3270

F Microsoft!  I am 46 years old. I have been using Windows since I got my first computer which was a Compaq and had Windows 3.1 on it. I consider myself at this point an expert when it comes to Microsoft especially Windows. I was always very reluctant about getting an Apple. I really couldn't stand them. But I honestly couldn't give you a real reason why. Except maybe knowing how difficult it would be for me to have to retrain my brain and knowing how long of a process it's been for me up to this point with learning and becoming very smart with Windows. But then I finally took the plunge after going through so many computers because of all of Microsoft's bullshit. This is as truthful as I can be... I'm happy I did. I haven't touched my Windows laptop since! The difference is vast and so is the learning curve, but the overall quality and feel is so many worlds apart, it incredible. I still have my new Lenovo laptop for a backup and for my wife to work from home but otherwise, seriously... F Microsoft! 

Igschmi

Everybody who switches to a mac... you do know that you are switching to a company that is even more restrictive about what the customer can do with the devices they bought than Microsoft?
I mean, MS setting minimum requirements is not new or sinister, but Apple even sets requirements about what you can and cannot do or install on your machine for arbitrary reasons.

Andrew R Links

Been running Winows 11 preview with correct hardware for 1 month now. First this is not Windows Vista (hated that) it is very stable now and tpp has been around for very long time but the people who it from being used are the same ones who want to stay anonymous from first time.
It's been a long time coming but it will be nice to see who those idiots real names are and start catching the hackers while enjoying a secure operating system. And locking to your phone is real nice. Apps run fine off phone and even go full screen. This has been alpha mode but updates trickle in adding function all the time. Windows games work great so no complaints there.
My system was gotten because buying new video card was not possible without more than $1000 for a card so went to B&H and for a little more got it 10850k with 3070 and 32 gig ram and M.2 v4 SSD and steam punk gear and future proof system. So now is the time to upgrade anyway. Sub $2000 systems with watercooling and way better than  what I had before are available till people start snatching them up. Also newegg has them. 11 is worth it. And yes I have been building own systems since Altair so I know how to do that.

jC1989

Good. It's about time Microsoft makes Windows more secure. Anyone not using TPM or Secure Boot are probably on Linux anyway and anyone with old hardware can just use Windows 10 until its support ends by which point they'd have upgraded.

This will allow Microsoft to compete with Apple more on security

Coinshurtppl

Windows more secure ;) you know the people running Linux have their systems more secure and do not use tpm or secure boot, it's just a way to force you to get better hardware so you don't complain w11 runs like crap

vadnegru

There is a bypass to put win11 install.wim into win10 installer. But they might brick that systems so watch out and go offline.

Romanio0089

Dina Bartleson

Hi long journey electronically hacked Jupiter generic micrsoft program rocky batzel an his sbam.exe  since 9/10/2014 won in court in 2 pfa cases against scott Bartleson an medical fraud an used in l litigation Trojan horse an the gov.admits its bill gates admitted it data breach have all copies I no where the clutch is it all medical an programs they actually consd him with a Trojan in it was radation cel by accident in blood an house an got in the lab reports trust me I lived it a l am waiting for my car to close detective saloom in Monroe nj complicated ?anything I possible just the crime behind the cpradio it was also ways a crime micrsoft see yu in court one day it is up to your company to prove to me an ftc that there wasn't all ready a cbradio installed the a dhcp page 7 avenues program man made static hacking perfect energy field unknown but found infrastructure dns 2012..I cannot talk to mucrsoft with out a lawyer since a i no contact order with my x family in Lackawanna pa ..

Luis

Glad I recently loaded PopOS Linux on my Lenovo notebook. Don't think I will use Windows 11 as a primary OS unless forced to at work.

James J Bennett

All in all, it has more to do with the fascist stuff going on today.   The vacine or you will not fly, get a job.  And much more.  (Show us your papers) nazism.   The will be more junk in those files that will allow them and the govt to spy on you without really knowing.   Do you really want to lose all your freedom.  If so, then you are worthless and don't need to live as a free man, but as the slave you will be.   
1984 and big brother will think for you.

c00ter

I have a late-2019 9th Gen intel desktop rig that normally runs Arch but I wanted to check out Win 11. This machine has all of the hardware-based security features demanded by MS. Downloaded and installed the latest Win 11 preview ISO, no problem. It runs, no problem.

But I'm used to a decent UI, such as KDE Plasma, Win 7 or even Win 10. It continues to hide and /or eliminate configuration from the user. It sucks in every regard. It sucks, and what tops all is I can't relocate the darned taskbar to the top where Gawd intended it to be. Instead, Win 11 provides a funky-looking, phony Latte dock imitator whose functions are few and far from flawless.

So for myself, it is thumbs down for the UI on my 11th Gen desktop, and thumbs down for my 4th Gen laptop for it's MS-generated disability of running Win 11. That's OK. Linux runs like ma bat outta hell on both machines.

And I predict the flood of Linux newcomers will be insane.     

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview