News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Windows 11's strict hardware requirements cannot be bypassed, Microsoft admits, "We know it sucks... we will still block you"

Started by Redaktion, July 31, 2021, 09:59:35

Previous topic - Next topic

Dremond

Definately time to switch to Linux, I've started using Windows 10fx, totally free, very compatible with windows software, with a very familiar windows 10 feel throughout. Microsoft is going to lose a lot by leaving a huge chunk of users out of this.

Why they didn't do Windows 11 Secure (with the TPM and Chip support that they have already annouced) and a Windows 11 version that doesn't rely on these technologies (kinda Home/Pro setup). This would show some appreciation for those of us that want to upgrade but simply can't get new hardware.

Truly terrible Microsoft.

William Fox

>:( really great. I have 3 laptops in my family. All are going to be door stops shortly.
What a way to sell new laptop's.
I would go to Unix if I understood what has to happen to do it. >:( >:( >:(

Mike3434

I have 8 GB RAM, a TPM 2.0, UEFI-bios (latest DELL update June 2021) - everything, BUT a 7th gen INTEL  >:(

Cramer

In 2023 you can pirate Windows 11 copies that have tpm removed as a nice eff you bonus finger to M$!!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview