News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

GPD Win Max 2021: Pre-orders to start this month for AMD Ryzen 7 4800U or Intel Core i7-1185G7-powered handheld

Started by Redaktion, July 19, 2021, 23:13:30

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

GPD will begin accepting pre-orders for the Win Max 2021 from later this month. The revised handheld system will offer up to an AMD Ryzen 7 4800U or an Intel Core i7-1185G7, which both pack powerful integrated GPUs. GPD has provided some expected framerate differences in triple-A games between the two CPUs, too.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/GPD-Win-Max-2021-Pre-orders-to-start-this-month-for-AMD-Ryzen-7-4800U-or-Intel-Core-i7-1185G7-powered-handheld.551595.0.html

NatT96

While it's impressive the amount of stuff it can play, there are still build quality issues with the hardware they have released in the pass, I won't be buying this one, instead I'm going to try out the Steam Deck as support is probably better. It's impressive but now risky.

ZODD

No reason to buy these much more expensive Chinese handhelds anymore with the Steam Deck being released.
Besides having quality control issues if anything does go wrong you are pretty much screwed , the repair and warranty services are a nightmare to deal with and your lucky if they  even respond back to you if some problem does come up.

AlCapwn

I'm extremely surprised by their I7 vs 4800U FPS results. Many sites have previously tested the same CPUs (w/ lpddr4 & ddr4) with very different results;
EX: techspot.com/review/2158-intel-tiger-lake-core-i7-1165g7/

(I know that's the 1165 but they have 1185 reviews to compare and that they're somewhat older reviews based on notebook implementations)

I'm curious if there's some issue in their 4800U board or maybe a software/driver issue.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview