News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Windows 11: No Trusted Platform Module? Many AMD and Intel processors can run Microsoft's new OS without a dedicated TPM 2.0 chip

Started by Redaktion, June 29, 2021, 16:40:07

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

You do not need a dedicated TPM 2.0 chip to run Windows 11, contrary to Microsoft's system requirements. Instead, almost all modern AMD and Intel processors already meet Microsoft's TPM 2.0 requirement, and only a BIOS setting may be preventing you from upgrading your PC to Windows 11.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Windows-11-No-Trusted-Platform-Module-Many-AMD-and-Intel-processors-can-run-Microsoft-s-new-OS-without-a-dedicated-TPM-2-0-chip.548267.0.html

JohnIL

I think in general Microsoft has created the perfect world requirements and that they eventually will allow a less then perfect hardware setup. They certainly would not isolate so many systems stuck running Windows 10 if they want to move the bar on Windows 11 adoption. If Microsoft creates too many restrictions written in stone they risk users sticking it out with Windows 10 for years and never buying a new device until their device no longer works or Win 10 reaches end of life in 2025. I don't think Microsoft wants another XP, or Windows 7 mass of hold outs.

tblewy

None of my computers will run w11.  All made before 2016 wouldn't unless Microsoft changes its tune.
According to Microsoft we will be able to update them to increasingly lesser degrees until 2025 when all support will be dropped.
So, that's the scoop. Planned obsolescence of the vast majority of perfectly good and working computers in the world in order to increase sales and
profits for both Microsoft and PC manufacturers. All they have to do is drop the TPM2 and some bios requirements on older machines and it wouldn't need to happen.
They should be stopped; this isn't a gain it's a loss for the whole world, and certainly most of us who will lose expensive programs and computers to serve simple greed..
IMHO

Joe Turnes

avast free antivirus +
mypal browser +
Suspend Background Tabs 1.0.1  addon  +
20 yr old pc
=
a lot of money in my pocket  ;D 8) >:D :p

LinuxNerdsSuck

Quote from: Einer on June 30, 2021, 04:03:19
Guess what ....... Linux does not need/require a TPM/PTT at all  ;)

Linux? What's that? Oh yeah, the OS that was supposed to rule the desktop... It's still around?

LinuxNerdsSuck

Quote from: tblewy on June 30, 2021, 03:53:54
None of my computers will run w11.  All made before 2016 wouldn't unless Microsoft changes its tune.
According to Microsoft we will be able to update them to increasingly lesser degrees until 2025 when all support will be dropped.
So, that's the scoop. Planned obsolescence of the vast majority of perfectly good and working computers in the world in order to increase sales and
profits for both Microsoft and PC manufacturers. All they have to do is drop the TPM2 and some bios requirements on older machines and it wouldn't need to happen.
They should be stopped; this isn't a gain it's a loss for the whole world, and certainly most of us who will lose expensive programs and computers to serve simple greed..
IMHO

I hate the fact that my home PC will need an upgrade to run W11, but in a way I understand the insistence on the TPM 2.0 requirement - we have been bashing MS on security issues, and having the use of TPM 2.0 based keys baked in to the OS is a step in the right direction. It's painful, but I will upgrade my PC in a couple of years anyway. Until then I'll use W10.

maxperture

None of my 3 computers (including my Retro PC), would actually run Windows 11 without modify the installer or boot into Legacy Mode through, However, my PC can actually run Windows 11 just fine but installing was even much harder on UEFI if you don't know the CMD/DISM commands or way to replacing Windows 11 installer with a Windows 10 dlls file to bypass this restriction.

Richard67

Why are these tech engineers such idiots, at 12 when I started programming I kept one thing in mind keep it simple stupid. most pc owners are not enthusiasts they simply want to buy or maybe build a tool to perform the tasks they are interested in. they don't know or wish to know the technology or what a Trusted Platform Module is. I thought apple understood at one time making the iMac useful out of the box. since then like Microsoft started making things more complicated forcing online storage on consumers then multi-tier security like hiding our passwords even from the owner wasn't aggravating enough.

Dude Brow

Actually I have a Celeron 1.1Ghz from 2013 500 GB 6gb GPU 710 now running Windows 11 Pro, I've just have to replace that famous .dll in the pendrive installer with a .dll downloaded from some of those .dll repositories like Websites from latest Windows 10 build...and that's it...no need to bother with those little details...TPM 2.0, BOOT etc..all works fine except by the gadgets, and mobile center...can't launch these...

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview