News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Razer Blade 14 Ryzen 9 Laptop Review: Blade Pro 17 Performance At Half The Size

Started by Redaktion, June 22, 2021, 16:40:28

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

After being exclusively Intel for a decade, the Razer Blade series has finally gotten an AMD option that just so happens to outperform any Intel model that came before it. And, in typical Razer fashion, all that power has been condensed into an unbelievably small and portable form factor.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Razer-Blade-14-Ryzen-9-Laptop-Review-Blade-Pro-17-Performance-At-Half-The-Size.546754.0.html

mmmm

Grandanes

What specifically is the Power Saving mode you mentioned for quieter fans? And how did you enable it?

ariliquin

Considering how long it's taken for Razer to offer an AMD option, it's interesting to note how much better it performs than their larger, better cooled Intel options. Interesting in that they still do not offer their customers AMD in 15 and 17 inch variants. At least they finally woke up to their customers wanting AMD, probably they couldn't ignore their customers leaving for other manufacturers any longer.

Not impressed

So a overheating laptop with room for only one SSD, soldered ram and a gpu capped at 70% of it's power so the manufacturer wouldn't have to use a bigger cooling system get an award?

QuoteOur 100 W GeForce RTX 3070 is roughly 4 to 8 percent slower than the 130 W RTX 3070 in the Asus ROG Strix G15 G513QR.
The Asus is $1799 vs $2199 for the razer with the exact same configuration. Why should the consumer pay 20% more for a weaker product?

QuoteIn fact, the average surface temperature when idling is a full 10 C warmer than what we recorded on the Asus Zephyrus G14 when under similar conditions.
So the razer is 10 C hotter than a laptop that became famous for how poorly it was cooled?

Xtone11

I am owner of 2021 asus g14 with QHD 120Hz panel , Ryzen 9 5900HS CPU, 32GB RAM. My config is more similar to tested Razer then last year g14. It is strange that it is still not tested, as it is on market for 3 months. Display is pretty same number (TL140BDXP01-0), performance should be at same level.
Razer is often portrayed as innovative, but in regard to this laptop - it is 1 year late and new iteration of G14 is very close in performance and quality for far less money.
Please make test of 2021 asus g14.

hfm

Typically if the heat management system is saturated no improvement of TIM, including liquid metal, is going to give any benefit. I bet at 14" with that hardware in there the vapor chamber, fins and fans are at capacity and no amount of increased heat conductivity with the silicon is going to do anything extra.

I found this to be the case with my 2019 LG Gram 17. Good non-conductive TIM (I tried gelid GC Extreme and Kryonaut) was not providing any benefit over LM as the heat pipe, fins and fan were at their maximum ability to dump the heat. The LM did improve idle temperatures though where dissipation requirements were lower and the heat management solution wasn't yet saturated.

hfm

Razer does not utilize liquid metal cooling for its CPU unlike on every 2021 Asus ROG laptop currently in the market. We can't help but wonder how the technology could have changed the temperatures or fan noise of the Blade 14 over the usual silicone-based thermal paste.
Typically if the heat management system is saturated no improvement of TIM, including liquid metal, is going to give any benefit. I bet at 14" with that hardware in there the vapor chamber, fins and fans are at capacity and no amount of increased heat conductivity with the silicon is going to do anything extra.

I found this to be the case with my 2019 LG Gram 17.  LM was not providing any benefit over quality non-conductive TIM (I tried gelid GC Extreme and Kryonaut) as the heat pipe, fins and fan were at their maximum ability to dump the heat. The LM did improve idle temperatures though where dissipation requirements were lower and the heat management solution wasn't yet saturated.

LWT

God this site can be frustrating.

C'mon Allen.. after years of taking noise measurements on Blades running the 'balanced' profile, you decide to do this one on 'Energy Saver' and 'High Performance'?

If you have the machine still... please cover this information. Otherwise I'm stuck until ultrabookreview takes a proper look into its noise/thermals.

ZHENGYOU JIANG

Do anyone know where can I get the Display color calibration file, which may be called blade.icm. And it might be at C:\Windows\System32\spool\drivers\color.
I losed it when i reset the windows10. Hope anymone can help me. My screen displays strange now.

Hifihedgehog

The Cinebench R23 numbers are horribly off. You should be seeing 1466 and 12992 for single and multi-core performance scores per Jarrod's Tech (and numerous other reviews) on YouTube:

youtu.be/Tjv4GqWGXh0?t=496

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview