News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Schenker Vision 14 Laptop Review - Perfect Ultrabook with 1 kg and 16:10 display?

Started by Redaktion, June 17, 2021, 14:25:38

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Magnesium chassis with a weight of 1 kg, numerous ports, RAM slots and room for two M.2-2280 slots. You can also get an optional matte high-resolution 16:10 inch screen with 90 Hz. The new Schenker Vision 14 seems to be the perfect Ultrabook on paper, so let's have a closer look.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Schenker-Vision-14-Laptop-Review-Perfect-Ultrabook-with-1-kg-and-16-10-display.546055.0.html

Muhammad Anhar

Vision

Great device! Thank you Schenker for selling this!

It's so refreshing to see an ultra-portable laptop with more than 16GB of memory in 2021. Every year we get better CPUs, better displays and better SSDs, but also worse memory capacity.

It's unfortunate that Schenker opted to ship the single pipe/fan cooling solution rather than the dual pipe/fan cooling solution that is most commonly seen in the TongFang PH4TRX1 chassis (which is pretty much the same as the Schenker VISION 14's TongFang PH4TUX1 chassis, except with an unfortunate i7-11370H). The reported high temperature levels could presumably be mitigated with this extra cooling. Hopefully they start offering the dual pipe/fan cooling solution, at least as an optional upgrade.

XMG Community

Quote from: Vision on June 17, 2021, 17:06:44It's unfortunate that Schenker opted to ship the single pipe/fan cooling solution rather than the dual pipe/fan cooling solution that is most commonly seen in the TongFang PH4TRX1 chassis (which is pretty much the same as the Schenker VISION 14's TongFang PH4TUX1 chassis, except with an unfortunate i7-11370H).

Precisely this configuration we have planned VISION 14. I cannot announce a firm timeline yet, but if the sales of VISION 14 are within expectations, you should be able to see the refresh with Dual Heatpipes and i7-11370H within Q3 this year.

Regarding battery life and the difference between FHD and 3K panel:
We're currently taking new battery life test data with the latest firmware.

First result: i7-1165G7, FHD panel at 150 nits, 70% Audio Volume, Flight Mode, local video playback (1080p H.264): 9 hours, 36 minutes

More results next week.

For more information, please check out our launch thread on Reddit. At the end of that thread you will find a 3 minute survey in which we will ask you a couple of questions your preferred product specifications. Thank you for your participation!

Cheers,
Tom
Schenker Technologies GmbH
// Firmenaccount für PR & Communitypflege
Technical Support
Mo-Fr 8-18 | Sa 9-14 // Tel.: +49 341 246704-0

Heatpipes

> Precisely this configuration we have planned VISION 14. I cannot announce a firm timeline yet, but if the sales of VISION 14 are within expectations, you should be able to see the refresh with Dual Heatpipes and i7-11370H within Q3 this year.

Have you considered simply upgrading the cooling solution in the current VISION 14? The i7-11370H can consume a lot more energy than the i7-1165G7, leading to higher temperatures and lower battery duration, but the improvements it offers in terms of performance over the i7-165G7 are minimal. The i7-11370H is mostly a power-hungry and barely-overclocked i7-1165G7. TechSpot has an extensive review of the i7-11370H addressing some of these issues.

I think simply upgrading the current cooling solution without switching the CPU would result in a better product.

mobiledev

QuoteI think simply upgrading the current cooling solution without switching the CPU would result in a better product.
Such combo of 14" w/ dual-fan iGPU and sky hight TDP 11370H combo sounds like some weird niche product, people who need stable long term computation power will choose more cores over this. Current solution is sufficient and adequate and G7 or bigger battery seems like better upgrade for next gen.

Antonis_31

In regards to your statement:
"The Vision 14 is currently equipped with Tiger Lake U processors and iGPUs, but there are plans for Tiger Lake Refresh CPUs and the GeForce RTX 3050 (Ti)."

I emailed Schenker (Ticket#77200701) on 13/06/21 asking if they will support higher-end Intel SKUs for the SCHENKER VISION 14 and their response was:

"Thanks for your interest in our SCHENKER VISION 14.
Unfortunately we don't have plans to support the higher end SKU's from Intel in the near future."

CodeNroad

A very interesting laptop, with the great 16:10 panel ratio, great configurability and a reasonable price.

I just wish there was a 16 or 17 inches version with a bigger battery. The existing Schenker laptops at this size are still 16:9 and less configurable.

BlackJack84

Quote from: CodeNroad on June 21, 2021, 20:18:05
I just wish there was a 16 or 17 inches version with a bigger battery. The existing Schenker laptops at this size are still 16:9 and less configurable.

According to the Reddit launch thread linked by Tom above, there might be a 16" 16:10 model coming next year; so you may want to cast your vote in his survey.

Gavagai

geisha

How do I compare this 89% rating to X1 gen9 with 90%? Keyboard rating is really high for example but all pgup/pgdown and home/end keys are missing.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview