News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Lenovo Legion 7 16ACH in review: Gaming powerhouse with good 16:10 display

Started by Redaktion, June 13, 2021, 18:48:26

Previous topic - Next topic

NikoB

Panel too slow by response - 14ms in B2W test! It not 165Hz 100%, it is 90-100Hz panel as max.

Native contrast too low!

2560x1600 is ok for 3080, but new game's releases put 3080 in low fps and playing in 1920x1080 not possible without loss in picture quality. 2560x1600 not integer compatible with 1920x1080(1200). 4k fully compatible 1920x1080=4k/2. HP install in Omen 2021 4k/120Hz panels. It right desicion!

In surfing and office 4k panels have better ppi and more sharp picture!

NikoB

Quote from: PeteScandinavia on June 15, 2021, 09:21:17
RAM issues is NOT a Lenovo/Legion problem, it's an AMD Ryzen problem.
It's the CPU that is sensitive to RAM timings. Lower timings gives better performance and newer higher density modules perform worse.
For optimal Ryzen performance you need low timings, 4 bank groups, memory modules in 2Rx8 preferably and not 1Rx16.
Yes. AMD have huge latency problem with mobile cpus series (84ms+ vs 52 ms for Intel in average). Intel memory controller in cpu about 1.5 times faster atomic read/write and copy operations in real applications.

DONUTT

During the "Overclocking" portion of the review you mentioned that the laptop's BIOS hides the options to automatically overclock the CPU and GPU. Is there a way you were able to unhide the option to automatically overclock in the bios, i think it's hidden on my laptop as well.

Mahdi

TVL

When "experimenting on my new machine I got hold of the wrong AMD chipset driver. This resulted in a few BSOD's before realizing the error, just unistalled this from Windows CP and Voila! (Use only manufacturer supplied drivers...)

Had a little difficulty getting the correct version of AMD Adrenaline software (also due to "user glitch:Me") Again, important to use WinUPD and/or Manufacturer drivers&software (but no trouble w/ nVidia's drivers, they work fine as this is the discrete GPU).

I recomend using the 'Terminate-icue'-software (on Github) for automatically disabling iCue-service start from boot saving battery + makes "Rainbow" colors on statup go away...

Also: Thanks to 'NikoB' for pointing out that color calibration is useful!

Battery is good for 4 h 33 m of watching Netflix (via wifi) on Low power mode w/ internal graphics ((Hybrid Mode) and max battery saving: 4h33m

Actually very pleased and happy w/machine!

UserBenchmark userbenchmark.com/UserRun/54350409

TVL

Quote from: Bogdan on June 14, 2021, 15:14:57Don't buy this laptop.. Is very expensive and the build is not good, the lid on my legion broke without even using it so much.

The cooling is not working is very loud and i have to use external cooling to play any newer game, by hes own cooling.. He will just shut down.. I'm very disappointed.. I lost almost 2000 euro on a device that is not working

Maybe you should check out LEGION FAN CONTROL software...

ALL laptops will get hot when playing games, most ppl use headphones Also some kind of laptop stand for more cooling.
There is also a software (above)

Complaining on a broken lid is a little funny... But sad for You; Treat it better next time, friend.

NikoB

Quote from: TVL on August 04, 2022, 13:16:00most ppl use headphones
For noise levels above 40dB, no headphones will help. And here is all 45+...

It is for this reason that it is always ridiculous to read about "gaming laptops" that cannot be a priori, if we speak in terms of the ergonomics of the working (game) place and comfort when using in several hours. On a desktop computer, you can independently put a huge radiator and 140mm+ cooler at low speeds and even water cooling for CPU or GPU, doing work and games comfortable in noise (almost silent). In laptops, this is a priori - only the radiator in my tower weighs like half of the "game" laptop.

My processor consumes more than 125W in overclocking mode, but I don't hear it at all for hours even at a load of 100% for all cores. Because the massive radiator and 140mm cooler on 900RPM is enough to remove heat from it. Moreover, it works so stably for years..

RobertJasiek

Quote from: NikoB on August 04, 2022, 23:26:54For noise levels above 40dB, no headphones will help.

What exactly is your opinion for 40 ~ 43 dB, please? I have listened to quite a few notebook noise samples on Youtube etc. while always a bit exaggerating the loadness compared to the reviewer's voice. From that, 40 ~ 43 dB seems still well acceptable without headphones. Not silent, of course, but similar to wind. Of course, the kind of noise varies from device to device; it is more unpleasant for some devices. While there is no doubt that less than 37 dB one can achieve for a dGPU desktop is rather silent, I think your characterisation of 40 ~ 43 dB might be exaggerated. For 45 ~ 65 dB, you may well be right but 40 ~ 43 dB deserve your better justification.

nacho palacios

Hi I was wondering if someone could help me should I buy the amd 5900hx or Core™ i9-11980HK de 11ᵃ?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview