News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

The Best Smartphones with 3.5-mm Headphone Jack

Started by Redaktion, April 21, 2020, 23:26:24

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Update April 2020. Most OEMs claim that more and more people are switching to Bluetooth headsets, and that the analog headphone jack is no longer a necessity for many users. Nevertheless, some OEMs are clinging to their beloved headphone jack. Find the best smartphones with 3.5-mm headphone jack in our top 10 list.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/The-Best-Smartphones-with-3-5-mm-Headphone-Jack.462201.0.html

NT

Tried switching to a phone without the 3.5mm jack last year and hated it. Yes I have fully wireless earbuds etc etc, but its always on my mind what I CANT do with the phone. I'm not paying flagship prices for LESS.

Ended up switching down to a mid-range phone with the jack and I'm way happier.

anon

This list is great to have. In my comparison of wireless audio devices for phones I haven't found any with acceptably low latency for games. Though some audio devices support aptX low latency, I don't think any phone does, and I've tried syncing with a laptop with the Dell bluetooth driver that supports aptX-LL and with another laptop using a Creative BT-W2 transceiver, and both had pops and crackles.

Senn Momentum true wireless buds sound great but despite supporting aptX-LL have terrible latency. Razer Hammerhead true wireless earbuds with gaming mode enabled still had something like 110ms latency when I watched a sync test video and are not very comfortable in my ears, either.

On a computer, gaming headphones with a USB receiver using some proprietary RF protocol will achieve near zero latency. But, as a fan of Bemani-style games, an ROG Phone II owner, and a fan of true wireless earbuds, it's a shame that I still must choose only two of the three at a time.

Fulljack

yo, you guys forgotten about Mi 9T Pro or something? it's a great budget flagship but doesn't gimp on features, except well, maybe sd card slot.

S.Yu

Nothing (reviewed) from this generation yet.
Quote from: NT on April 22, 2020, 01:17:33
Tried switching to a phone without the 3.5mm jack last year and hated it. Yes I have fully wireless earbuds etc etc, but its always on my mind what I CANT do with the phone. I'm not paying flagship prices for LESS.

Ended up switching down to a mid-range phone with the jack and I'm way happier.
Shame, the S10e strikes a great balance in many ways.
Quote from: Fulljack on April 22, 2020, 14:11:11
yo, you guys forgotten about Mi 9T Pro or something? it's a great budget flagship but doesn't gimp on features, except well, maybe sd card slot.
It may not have been reviewed. This list also excludes the NEX3 series for example.

Vrvly

DSEE on Sony devices is great additive to a jack, quite addictive too.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview