News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Zen 3 slower than Zen 2: first benchmarks show the AMD Ryzen 7 5700U outperforming the Ryzen 7 5800U in most scenarios

Started by Redaktion, May 31, 2021, 05:27:13

Previous topic - Next topic

tombox

This is a real review of AMD Ryzen 7 5800U:
htt ps: //www.techspot.com/review/2235-amd-ryzen-5800u/

lapnerd

If you're not monitoring package power, you're not making a comparison.

See in example, the Zenbook Duo 14 new Tiger Lake model has a 25w? TDP compared to the regular Zenbook 14 Tiger Lake with a 19w TDP. And on this site as well as others, that difference was noted when comparing performance.

It would be like saying the 2021 g15 GA503 struggles against older CPUs such as found in the GT 76 Titan. This was a disappointing article.

Travis

I do not see how you can compare with this example this to me screams of a article full of bullshit. I do not even believe the article because of its attempt to skew the results not a fair game on any platform used. You as a writer need to fully understand the workings of architecture in these chips meaning use the same motherboard and ram for both chips. You are flawed on how to measure performance per W. Get real dude your not in nuclear now are you. You are here writing about s*** you have no clue works.

Shepard

Yeah you can't just plot this performance out of context. Ryzen chip performance is dependent upon the Ram, if there isn't enough or if there is the wrong type it will throttle and perform poorly.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview