News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Gigabyte G5 KF review: Gaming laptop with RTX 4060 for 969 euros

Started by Redaktion, October 20, 2023, 21:41:24

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

This budget gaming notebook from Gigabyte features an Alder Lake processor and an Ada Lovelace GPU. It also has a PCIe 4.0 SSD (512 GB), 16 GB of RAM and an FHD panel (144Hz), but Windows doesn't come preinstalled. One serious drawback: the included charger can sometimes be overloaded by the laptop.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Gigabyte-G5-KF-review-Gaming-laptop-with-RTX-4060-for-969-euros.761048.0.html

LL

NikoB

Yes, the worst screen possible.

What's even worse is that this is an Intel+NVidia pairing that does not have a built-in auto-calibrator by the EDID data of the screen panel in the drivers.

Unlike this ugly couple, AMD has had an sRGB autocalibrator in its drivers for more than 15 years. This means that even on such a shameful screen in terms of colorspace , it will visually make the picture much better than on laptops with Intel or Intel+NVidia. Although at the cost of damaging the color depth.

MAH

One huge problem I have faced with the second SSD slot is, it automatically disappeared after some time. Even from bios. I have used Samsung 970 Evo plus 1tb model. Most of the time it stucked when I was gaming. Then sometimes, system can't read it anymore. I had so many data on it. Deleted all as I thought it might help. Then the result was same. Found that many Samsung 970 evo has this problem. But then I swapped it with the main SSD and the problem found is the same. So I tried everything possible to run the system. But sonehow whenever using a second SSD, system sometime completely removes the second SSD from explorer even from bios. Now I have removed the main SSD (512gb. which I installed to the second slot. And my 979 Evo plus 1tb is working totally ok. I just lost so many data that I thought the SSD had issues as internet says. Still no help anywhere about that.

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview