News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Nanote P8 coming to Japan: 7-inch mini laptop for US$300

Started by Redaktion, May 12, 2021, 23:16:32

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The Nanote P8 is a tiny 7-inch mini-laptop coming to Japan. While the machine uses older hardware, it's relatively cheap (compared to other mini laptops) at only US$300.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Nanote-P8-coming-to-Japan-7-inch-mini-laptop-for-US-300.539287.0.html

kek

It would cost them literally nothing to put a 128 gb ssd on that thing. Tons of times better than that emmc thing

vertigo

Quote from: kek on May 13, 2021, 05:45:27
It would cost them literally nothing to put a 128 gb ssd on that thing. Tons of times better than that emmc thing

This was my main thought, too. eMMC is technically fine for a budget computer, and this is certainly budget, but I think most people would rather pay an extra $25-50 for more and significantly faster storage. Then again, this is a pretty niche product. I can certainly think of times I'd like it, but ultimately I'd rather use a larger computer, even when less convenient, but that works for my needs all the time, than have a separate computer (this) just for the occasional use when I want that little bit of extra portability. And I'd always just have to have both with me, anyways, in case I need to do something on my "real" computer that this thing just isn't suited for. Ultimately, when I look at this, I think this would have been something really cool 10-20 years ago, but with today's full-powered laptops being not much bigger but so much more capable, it's a hard sell even just for something to toy around with.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview