News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Performance Review: Nvidia GeForce RTX 3050 Ti Laptop GPU

Started by Redaktion, May 11, 2021, 13:02:17

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

After the high-end models RTX 3060, RTX 3070 and RTX 3080 you can now get a mid-range version for notebooks - at least if they are available. We already had the chance to test the promising RTX 3050 Ti ahead of the launch and evaluate the performance.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Performance-Review-Nvidia-GeForce-RTX-3050-Ti-Laptop-GPU.539010.0.html

kk

The RT-performance is sufficient.

Nvidia posted some benchmarks with medium settings and it performed very well with Raytracing+DLSS in demanding titles.

This is not a card for high/ultra settings with Raytracing at all, and it never wanted to be. The target is medium/ medium RT for now and the future, which is why it has only 4GB VRAM. Xbox Series S has 7.5 GB in total useable for games which is used by the CPU as well due to split memory configuration, so effective VRAM should be around 4 GB as well.

"BuT iS RaYTrAcIng WoRtH iT WhEn YoU haVe to SacrFicie SeTTinGs sO MUcH"

Depends on the title, but generally yes absolutely. A control will look waaay better on medium general settings+RT medium than on Ultra and without RT. The differences in general settings are minor, while the RT reflections provide a big boost to realism. Many of the good RT titles fall into the same category.

That is my take on the 3050 series.

Spunjji

Quote from: kk on May 11, 2021, 13:33:22
The RT-performance is sufficient.
Doesn't look it!
Nvidia posted some benchmarks with medium settings and it performed very well with Raytracing+DLSS in demanding titles.
So we're talking pretend-1080p rendering with pretend-RT. Awesome.
"BuT iS RaYTrAcIng WoRtH iT WhEn YoU haVe to SacrFicie SeTTinGs sO MUcH"
No, but nice work trying to make a reasonable question look silly. Your answer about Control was subjective at best, and that's the absolute best-case for RT right now. IMHO there's not a game out there that looks better at medium settings with RT and DLSS than it does with High settings at native res and no RT. Interesting to see your 2 cents though, or rather, your shilling...

Looks like we're getting something between GTX 1660Ti and RTX 2060 performance at a lower price level, but with a harsher VRAM limit. DLSS support would give it a little more legs in the long-run than the 1660Ti, only that extra 2GB of VRAM is going to be increasingly useful, so in conclusion: shrug

mike tardiff

saw on another site and can confirm that this card does not output to an external display
never hear d of that
other that that plenty of juice for my 144 hz laptop

Akanksha

Is the GPU okay for graphic designers and for using 3d softwares like lumion and Adobe creative suite? I'm looking for a laptop as my 6 year old basic entry level asus laptop finally died on me. I'm thinking of buying Asus vivobook pro 16x oled amd ryzen 9 5900 hx version.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview