News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon Gen 9 Laptop Review: Big 16:10 upgrade with Intel Tiger Lake

Started by Redaktion, May 09, 2021, 00:28:21

Previous topic - Next topic

VladyR

Hi. I see there is some BIOS update on lenovo website from today. Sorry, can't post a link here. But you can find it on the pcsupport.lenovo.com
when searching for the thinkpad x1 carbon 9th gen.
Maybe you can check if it solves the stability issues.

Thank you

dwheini

What about the "touch" display, has anyone used it so far? Is the lenovo pen compatible with 9th GEN X1 ?

Benjamin Herzig

The X1 Carbon Gen 9 is not compatible with a digitizer pen. Its sister product X1 Yoga Gen 6 however is.  ;)

David M

Anyone actually happy with the 4K model? I have been comparing it against the FHD model and find the glare a big distraction. It does have a better keyboard than the FHD model although the trackpad is better on the FHD model, The 4K model is heavier though as the FHD is lighter and feels almost toylike in comparison. The extra weight makes me feel it's better but the glare is too much. Am I wrong?

Thanks

Essen

What the X1 Carbon needs is separate function keys, true international warranty and a return of the SD card slot.

bimmerdriver

I have one of these laptops. I got it in April 2022. Within a month, it stopped charging on the back port. I did some searching and found numerous threads on the Lenovo Forum describing the same problem. The fix is to have the system board replaced. Fortunately, the front port would still charge, so I was able to use it while waiting for an appointment with onsite support. (They had to order in the system board, which took a while.)

Around a month later, the same thing happened again, but this time, the front port would only charge at 15W, meaning that the charger could not keep up, so during the time that I was waiting for another appointment for a system board replacement, I had to shut it off periodically to charge the battery enough so I could still work.

A couple of months later and the same thing happened again. This time, the front port is still working. Fortunately, I work for a large Corporation with thousands of Lenovo laptops, so Lenovo offered me a replacement. I didn't want another one of these POSes, so I ordered an X1G10. So far, it has been reliable. I haven't heard any reports of system board failures on the X1G10.

There are a lot of people that have experienced this problem and have reported it on the Lenovo Forum. Lenovo basically denies it's a problem, even though there are many reports of this problem. I used to think Lenovo was the best laptop brand to have. Previously, I've had quite a few Lenovo laptops and they were always rock solid. Since the last Lenovo laptop I had, I was using primarily HP and Dell. When I found out that the company was switching to Lenovo, I was looking forward to getting the X1. I've been very disappointed. The Lenovo of today is no longer the same company that it used to be. I would think twice before picking up one of these laptops.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview