News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Asus ZenBook 13 Review - A compact 13-inch laptop with a fast Ryzen 7 5800U and OLED display

Started by Redaktion, May 06, 2021, 03:12:09

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The ZenBook 13 from Asus is an ultra-compact 13-inch laptop with an excellent OLED display. Despite its small size, it doesn't lack performance, since with the AMD Ryzen 7 5800U, a native octa-core SoC runs the slim device. Our detailed review with numerous measurements and benchmarks examines what performance you can really expect and whether the OLED display can fulfill our expectations.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Asus-ZenBook-13-Review-A-compact-13-inch-laptop-with-a-fast-Ryzen-7-5800U-and-OLED-display.537640.0.html

tombox

Even the die-hard Intel fans like 'kek' may get very depressed by looking at the above performance data. Ryzen 7 5800U totally wipes the floor with Intels' i7-1165G7 ... +87% Cinebench Multi R20 ... wow!!

6,000inCB10LOL

Dorby

Might want to mention in the review about the lack of Headphone Jacks on the recent ZenBook series. Omission of this significant and obvious detail makes people question the credibility of your reviews.

Mark Brackley

60Hz PWM on display... I mean is that good or bad or ?.. It flickers in sync with the frequency response, so could it be that bad? I hate PWM as much as any other, values as low as 250 are burning my eyes, but this situation sounds new.

Also yes, no 3,5mm jack, which is atrocious. They cram in full HDMI port, so why not 3,5mm? Add USB dac which takes another USB and you're left one with charger plugged.

Matthew Loh

No Headphone jack are you kidding me? When did laptops get so small and thin that it gives them a valid excuse for not needing a headphone jack?

GeneraISoybeans

Even Apple didn't take away the headphone jack on their Macs. You should be ashamed Asus.
@Mark Brackley: 60hz PWM is horribly low. I used an HP Spectre x360 OLED with 60hz PWM, and I seriously couldn't look at it for over 3 hours without my eyes turning extremely red and crying. I had to return it the day after I opened it.

kek

Quote from: tombox on May 07, 2021, 03:44:36
Even the die-hard Intel fans like 'kek' may get very depressed by looking at the above performance data. Ryzen 7 5800U totally wipes the floor with Intels' i7-1165G7 ... +87% Cinebench Multi R20 ... wow!!

No need to even look at performance. Just seeing that nasty 60hz PWM & the ridiculous lack of 3.5mm jack kills this in one shot lol.

And I'm not an intel fan. It's not my fault AMD has supply issues. I even wanted to get an HP Elitebook with AMD 4800U, but I dont want the shitty screen or wait like 4 months to get the version with the decent screen.

MarkA

Could you please measure PWM duty cycle at typical brightness settings? 60Hz seems bad but the oscilloscope picture gives hope.

Dave_K

LaptopMedia.com has reviewed this laptop and with the same display panel (SDC4158), but they found appreciable PWM only up to around 100 nits of brightness with very mild pulsations at a very safe level above that.   

I don't understand how the findings on PWM can be so different.

Ledger

Please include webcam / integrated microphone evaluations. It'd be good to know if a laptop can be used for videoconferencing as-is or if you need an external webcam. The score of 40 here doesn't give much hope, so I imagine it's bad, but how bad really?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview