News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Schenker XMG Ultra 17 (Clevo X170KM-G) in review: Massive powerhouse with lush equipment

Started by Redaktion, April 24, 2021, 08:41:12

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Schenker's DTR notebook scores with brute computing power and extensive maintenance, connection and expansion options. Thus, the processor and graphics core could be replaced in addition to the working memory and storage media.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Schenker-XMG-Ultra-17-Clevo-X170KM-G-in-review-Massive-powerhouse-with-lush-equipment.534103.0.html

hfm

LOL wow. $10K USD and 61dbA in Witcher 3? No thanks.

Also
QuoteThus, the processor and graphics core could be replaced

Doubt it. The last laptop I had with a desktop CPU and MXM graphics, Tornado F5, you couldn't upgrade the CPU from 7700K to 8700K without hardware modding, and forget upgrading the 1080 MXM to a 20 series. I have severe doubts either the CPU or GPU will be upgradable on this to Alder Lake or 40 series. MXM seems to be a gimmick these days.

Tind

The previous model (x170sm-g) had a serious issue: lcd overdrive was factory enabled which caused overshoot / corona effect in many games and clevo did not allow this to be disabled.
Did clevo fix this and did they disable the lcd overdrive ? Or this laptop has this same issue and there is visible overshoot in games (mainly in dark scenes) ?

dude what

Ridiculous pricing, the competition might not guarantee an upgrade (and neither does this one, let's be honest), but it's half the price.
I really wonder who's gonna buy it

F

Quote from: dude what on April 26, 2021, 02:45:50
Ridiculous pricing, the competition might not guarantee an upgrade (and neither does this one, let's be honest), but it's half the price.

The price is high because this test unit was filled with really expensive and pointless stuff, 11900k, 2tb ssd, 64 gb ram, etc.
You can get a decent config with 3080, 300 hz panel and 11600k for 3200 eur which is more that 50% off.

Spunjji

Quote from: F on April 26, 2021, 06:33:29

The price is high because this test unit was filled with really expensive and pointless stuff, 11900k, 2tb ssd, 64 gb ram, etc.
You can get a decent config with 3080, 300 hz panel and 11600k for 3200 eur which is more that 50% off.

I don't think any portable using Rocket Lake could be described as having a "decent config". This is just silly. Even Comet Lake would make more sense, but there's really no reason (besides Thunderbolt, maybe? to build one of these and not use Zen 3.

Novameh

Why you didn't check CPU and GPU temperatures while gaming? I think this is crucial information needed for gaming laptop.

Will

Why limit a desktop replacement to 165 watts on gpu? The Alienware 51m has 200 watts of power. I hope Nvidia are not limiting manufacturers to 165. I won't be buying this underperforming expensive thing.

Johnson

2 x 280 watt adapters and the system consumes does not over 300 watts on load? Why not use a single 380 watt adapter🤔🙄

hi9580

Quote from: Johnson on June 01, 2021, 14:05:46
2 x 280 watt adapters and the system consumes does not over 300 watts on load? Why not use a single 380 watt adapter🤔🙄
adapters max out at 330w. going above that you run in cost, supply, transport (take on passenger airplane) and cooling issues.

hi9580

I have a old version of this laptop. The main reason is if you want the highest performance laptop (at least on paper) and don't care about battery life, noise or cost.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview