News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Alienware m15 Ryzen Edition R5 launches with enticing hardware, including a Ryzen 9 5900HX, a 115 W RTX 3070 and optional CherryMX mechanical switches

Started by Redaktion, April 07, 2021, 15:13:53

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The Alienware m15 Ryzen Edition R5 includes AMD Ryzen 5000 APUs, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 30 series GPUs and CherryMX mechanical keyboard switches. You can configure the 15.6-inch gaming laptop with up to a 1440p and 240 Hz display, 32 GB of DDR4-3200 RAM and 6 TB of PCIe storage. Thankfully, Alienware has gone with the 115 W variants of the RTX 3060 and RTX 3070.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Alienware-m15-Ryzen-Edition-R5-launches-with-enticing-hardware-including-a-Ryzen-9-5900HX-a-115-W-RTX-3070-and-optional-CherryMX-mechanical-switches.531229.0.html

Nick P.

This looks more like a Dell G laptop than an Alienware. Disappointed to see the trend of sticking AMD into a subpar chassis continue in 2021. I was hoping this would replace my long-serving 15R2.

Looks like they've dropped the AGA port... so that's another bummer.

And the why do manufacturers do offset trackpads even when there isn't a numpad. Doesn't make sense at all... and adds to the cheap look.

scouser89lfc

Ariliquin

What the actual F$%k Dell, bitterly disappointed again by manufacturers short changing us with AMD option features. Where is the White case option? Higher end GPU? Better Screen Options? So sick of the BS!!!

_MT_

Why in the world did they change keyboard layout?
Quote from: Nick P. on April 07, 2021, 22:04:28
This looks more like a Dell G laptop than an Alienware.

Looks like they've dropped the AGA port... so that's another bummer.

And the why do manufacturers do offset trackpads even when there isn't a numpad. Doesn't make sense at all... and adds to the cheap look.
I guess it's because there is no white option, isn't it. The grey one just looks cheaper in pictures, although it's probably more practical.

It looks like AGA is discontinued. I imagine it will disappear from all future Alienware laptops. I guess this one is first because it's a new motherboard. And AMD might need different chassis anyway (no TB, no USB4).

Traditionally, it was done for typing. Because the center of the letter section (between G and H keys, as far as hand placement is concerned) is not the center of the keyboard. The right side is larger than left side. Keyboard as a whole is placed centrally. And therefore touchpads were placed off center to accommodate hand placement for typing. Centred touchpad might be more aesthetically pleasing due to the symmetry, but it was less ergonomic and there is an increased risk of false readings (which can be super annoying when typing). This would also necessitate the touchpad to be rather small to fit between your hands when placed on the keyboard.

ChinaLiedUyghursDied

The Lenovo Legion 5 Pro (5800H, RTX 3070+140W, 32GB, 1TB, 80Wh, 4 zone RGB) goes for EUR 1620 and will be noticeably faster than 115W with  muvh quieter keyboard.

Did you know ComputerBase mods are fascists?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview