News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Modders successfully upgrade storage and RAM on M1 Mac Mini

Started by Redaktion, April 05, 2021, 22:03:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Some intrepid Chinese modders have managed to upgrade the storage and memory capacity of an M1 Mac Mini by desoldering the existing hardware and replacing it with identical, higher-capacity variants.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Modders-successfully-upgrade-storage-and-RAM-on-M1-Mac-Mini.530990.0.html

hfm

The secure enclave is on the other side of the memory controller, it doesn't really have anything to do with DRAM capacity.

Anonym

I am actually surprised that Apple weren't d*cks and left the memory capacity unlocked. The Apple I know wouldn't allow initializing past an hardcoded factory capacity, regardless of the actual installed modules. "For your safety and all."

DeusExMachina

Quote from: Anonym on April 06, 2021, 10:49:04
I am actually surprised that Apple weren't d*cks and left the memory capacity unlocked. The Apple I know wouldn't allow initializing past an hardcoded factory capacity, regardless of the actual installed modules. "For your safety and all."
Then you don't know Apple. At all.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview