News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 G2 review: An office laptop for 600 Euros (~$680)

Started by Redaktion, December 02, 2021, 02:34:13

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

With the ThinkPad L15 G2, you can combine the high quality of Lenovo's business laptops with affordable hardware. This results in a powerful and robust device for less than 600 Euros (~$680) that shows what it can do in our test.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-ThinkPad-L15-G2-review-An-office-laptop-for-600-Euros-680.582289.0.html

passenger

2 cores is somehow fine though, this is clearly not meant for heavy workload, plus the ports selection are good and internal components like ram (2 sodimm slots) and wifi are all easily accessible.

The deal breaker for me would be the screen and battery life. 16:9 under 300 nits should be phased out of market. And the battery life is just abysmal, considering the PL1 is merely 8 watts and the screen is dim.

passenger

One thing to add:
See the picture of internal components where all ports are reinforced structurally, by which I mean they are tightened with some screwed-in metal sheets? That's what I want to see on a laptop meant to endure. AFAIK even some X-series like x1c don't do this on all its ports now, only the type-c are secured this way.

_MT_

Quote from: passenger on December 02, 2021, 09:38:45
And the battery life is just abysmal, considering the PL1 is merely 8 watts and the screen is dim.
The PL1 doesn't matter as the processor is doing close to nothing. Also, brightness is set at 150 for the test. Efficiency of the panel matters. This test really comes down to firmware and driver optimizations besides display efficiency. And cleanliness of the system (background processes). Also, this laptop has laughably small battery for the size.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview