News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

AMD ramps up Ryzen 5000 supply to counter Rocket Lake availability advantage

Started by Redaktion, April 03, 2021, 12:54:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

AMD will reportedly improve the supply of its much-desired Ryzen 5000 chips during the second quarter of 2021. Huge demand has overwhelmed the chip designer, leading to price premiums being placed on SKUs like the Ryzen 9 5900X and Ryzen 9 5950X. The supply bump comes just in time to counter Intel's Rocket Lake series availability.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-ramps-up-Ryzen-5000-supply-to-counter-Rocket-Lake-availability-advantage.530800.0.html

_MT_

Where I am, it doesn't look like there are any problems with availability of 5800X or 5600X. It's the 5900X and 5950X which are problematic. It went so far that practically all stores in my neck of the woods retired listings for these processors and won't accept pre-orders. After selling out early consignments. Signalling that they probably haven't been able to secure any confirmed supply for some time now.

Face

After rocket lake launched, I finally started getting notifications from my in stock discord server that the 5900X is in stock. Twice in the last two days. Last time I saw it in stock was Jan 31st. I'm pretty sure they are withholding stock. To what end? Who knows.

Very suspicious timing regardless.

_MT_

Quote from: Face on April 03, 2021, 22:27:48
After rocket lake launched, I finally started getting notifications from my in stock discord server that the 5900X is in stock.
One of the consequences of listings being removed is that you can't even register for stock notifications (since they don't expect any). Even mindfactory.de has removed these processors. If a big German store can't get supply, things must be really bad.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview