News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

The LG Gram 2021 laptops are released to the US market

Started by Redaktion, February 12, 2021, 22:50:17

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

LG introduced the latest, Tiger Lake-powered versions of its ultra-thin and light Gram laptops at CES 2021. Now, they have started to become available to order via the OEM's US website. The SKUs that can be purchased now are some of their 14-, 16- and 17-inch variants, with their new 2-in-1 siblings to follow in March 2021.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/The-LG-Gram-2021-laptops-are-released-to-the-US-market.520032.0.html

Veyron

Such a backwards company. Their entire laptops page only has up to 16GB of RAM, in an age where phones have that much. And they only have Intel models, in an age where AMD reigns supreme.

Meanwhile they're trying to charge premium prices. No wonder their smartphone business has cratered and their laptop business never took off.

CamWang

I dreamed yesterday night that this will have a model that equipped With Ryzen 5800U processor. That alone can describe how desperate I am.

Eric

Backward? Not at all! They're among the first to bring 16:10 displays to lower-cost consumer laptops, they're improving the color gamut of their displays, and I can't think of any other company that's actually offering longer keystroke on their keyboards compared to the last generation of laptop.

I too wish they'd offer more RAM, but these are consumer laptops, not professional workstations, so the amount of RAM is probably spot-on for most customers.

hfm

Quote from: Eric on February 13, 2021, 01:19:05
Backward? Not at all! They're among the first to bring 16:10 displays to lower-cost consumer laptops, they're improving the color gamut of their displays, and I can't think of any other company that's actually offering longer keystroke on their keyboards compared to the last generation of laptop.

I too wish they'd offer more RAM, but these are consumer laptops, not professional workstations, so the amount of RAM is probably spot-on for most customers.

I still have my Gram 17 with i7-8565U. Agreed that16GB is plenty. You can easily upgrade it to up to 40GB though if desired. Not sure what would happen to dual channel doing that though.

Anyone complaining that this doesn't have 32GB is missing the point for who's using it, and.. you can upgrade it anyway. The 17 also has two m.2 2280 slots.

LG

Quote from: hfm on February 13, 2021, 04:47:21
Quote from: Eric on February 13, 2021, 01:19:05

I still have my Gram 17 with i7-8565U. Agreed that16GB is plenty. You can easily upgrade it to up to 40GB though if desired. Not sure what would happen to dual channel doing that though.

Anyone complaining that this doesn't have 32GB is missing the point for who's using it, and.. you can upgrade it anyway. The 17 also has two m.2 2280 slots.

The 2021 LG Grams only uses soldered RAM. It is no linger upgradeable at all.

AaronF

Still no 16" 2in1 from the 2021 Gram lineup available.. been waiting all March! Whats the hold up I wonder.

Olias

I received the 16" model a week ago and except for one issue, am very impressed. It is capable of light gaming on its own and heavier fare while plugged into my 1070 powered eGPU. I never even had to install drivers for the eGPU, Windows took care of everything.

However, my unit suffers from a flakey touchpad where it often fails to register my touch. A replacement is on its way and I look forward to using it more.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview