News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

HP ZBook Studio G7 Laptop Review - The best mobile workstation thanks to vapor chamber and DreamColor?

Started by Redaktion, March 23, 2021, 22:08:19

Previous topic - Next topic

LostInSpace

IT Stud: The removal of undervolting is in response to the Plundervolt security hole. Yes it is not a very likely security isssue, but none the less it is a security hole. Many mfgr's have removed this setting ability now.

ITStud

LostInSpace:

It most certainly is! You know what Zbooks let you disable in BIOS? Intel Management Engine. It's possible to disable it completely with a toggle, and it results in loss of major functionality when disabled: onboard audio gets completed disabled as well as rotation sensors on the 2in1.
If I get the option to cripple my laptop in such way if I have the reason to do so, then I should also have the option to tune my laptop to perform how it should have, while deciding whether I would like to take a (low) risk - the same way I can undo Meltdown/Spectre patches if I prefer performance over low risk of exploit.

Disco Stu

For a flagship with all those bells and whistles, this thing really needs a taller screen. Even the Thinkbooks have gone with 16:10 screens. I'm sure there is no technical reason that makes 16:10 screens less "DreamColor" than 16:9.

Megan

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview