News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Gigabyte Aero 15 OLED XC laptop review: 4K OLED and the corresponding performance

Started by Redaktion, March 07, 2021, 02:35:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Gigabyte's Aero-15 lineup consists of stylish multimedia laptops that also have enough performance resources for 3D applications. Our model has a 4K OLED display that already looks impressive at first glance. A laptop GeForce RTX 3070 provides the necessary graphics power.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Gigabyte-Aero-15-OLED-XC-laptop-review-4K-OLED-and-the-corresponding-performance.526440.0.html

avdaga

The previous two generations of the Aero 15 OLED had some serious design failures, and it seems that Gigabyte still doesn't care - indeed, the new model has exactly the same case.

I had an AERO 15 OLED SA (i7 9750/GTX 1660Ti), which after a lot of fuss with Gigabyte's poor customer service, I managed to return and replaced it with an AERO 15 OLED KB (i7 10875/RTX 2060). The latter has exactly the same casing as the former, and both are the same as the currently reviewed AERO 15 OLED CX.

• Have you tested the WiFi reception? The previous two generations with the same casing had terrible reception due to the antennas being placed under the METAL case, which reduces coverage by more than 50% compared to the average laptop or device. Example youtu.be/XF-8YbBAyvI
  • Have you tested the use of HDR and whether windows keeps running smoothly (on the laptop screen). The external HDMI output always worked fine with HDR, but the internal output goes through the intel IGP which affects the performance in a terrible way. Example youtu.be/4v7W1rSgKaY
  • Have you noticed any buzzing noise from the cheap VRM that's used in this laptop? This affected the SA more than the KB. Example youtu.be/Be7gYh7qXxM?
  • Have you used the laptop for a longer time and noticed any problems with grinding fans? Example youtu.be/9NHosnqK7e8 (it gets much much worse over time).

Anon456

You're asking too much from them. NBC still has some nice, unique benchmarks and views in their reviews, but it's clear as daylight they are very biased towards the products they review and don't venture beyond saying the obvious. Like doing a sanity check for issues like the ones you mentioned or highlight real-life usage issues. At least dave2d, ltt etc are very upfront about these things and try to share their real-life experiences with the products.
Probably, they do that to maintain good partnerships with vendors and shops for more review samples or who knows what.

Anon456

Quote from: Anon456 on March 09, 2021, 01:26:49
Probably, they do that to maintain good partnerships with vendors and shops for more review samples or who knows what.

NBC that is.

Alex L.

Hey, du you have resizable-bar enabled on your AERO 15 OLED XC for real? Mine is still enabled, because gigabyte does not provide the updated VBIOS for download. Could you please tell me what VBIOS Version you have and are you willing to share the .rom? You would help so many owners! With regards, Alex

RepsaJasper

I bought a new aero 15xd and the motherboard died in less than 2 months. Still under warranty, was told that motherboard will be replaced. Are the cpu and gpu soldered into the motherboard ? If so, will i be getting new cpu and gpu as well. And also because its an older gen cpu, do they still produce it ?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview