News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Dell rumored to launch Alienware m15 Ryzen Edition gaming laptops with up to an AMD R9 5900HX APU and RTX 3070 mobile GPU

Started by Redaktion, February 25, 2021, 17:07:24

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

AMD seems to be convincing more and more laptop OEMs to include Ryzen options across all price points, especially with the launch of the new Ryzen 5000 APUs. Even Dell is now rumored to include Ryzen APU options with the launch of the Alienware m15 Ryzen Edition lineup that may replace the current Intel-powered m15 R3 models.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Dell-rumored-to-launch-Alienware-m15-Ryzen-Edition-gaming-laptops-with-up-to-an-AMD-R9-5900HX-APU-and-RTX-3070-mobile-GPU.524301.0.html

Tommy Lascelles

Dell is such a huge company with tons of experience, but companies like Asus, Acer are launching much better, as well as cheaper gaming laptops than Dell, especially this year with the Ryzen 5000 series and RTX 30 series..Dell should wake up otherwise it doesn't take long to go the Blackberry way..

DAVI SALSERO

At last Dell has realized that the competition is betting on AMD 5000 series at 7nm to be more powerful than INTEL at 10nm and produce less heat and more energy savings than those of AMD

But the biggest enemy of AMD is apple that has 60% of the chip production with TSMC and the remaining 40% is distributed by 10 companies, therefore whoever gets one of these AMD laptops will be a lucky person because they will have the best of AMD + Nvidia.

CCP Uighur Genocide

Dear Dell, please make all Ryzen based Alienware and XPS completely matte: no more glossy bezels, frames or chassis, please :)

What we need:
- Dell XPS 13" (AMD Ryzen 7 5800U)
- Dell XPS 15" (AMD Ryzen 9 5980H + RTX 3060, 50W)
- Dell XPS 17" (AMD Ryzen 9 5980H + RTX 3060, 65W)
- Alienware 15" Slim (AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX + RTX 3060, 130W/3070, 140W/3080, 165W, 16GB)

LyntonB

holy moly that is a whole new ballgame in that case! might need to delay my Zephyrus order while more info comes out. lower temps and huge performance this chassis can take advantage of, even better if liquid metal

DF

If they do this, they had better make the wifi card and mem modules not soldered.  And even then there won't be any TB4 or even TB3.  But it's a good first step.  People have been clamoring for this solution from Alienware for a while.  And Intel seems to feel no urgent need to get Tiger Lake H out the door, having held that CPU up for 9 months after the Sep release of the U models.  These will sell like crazy (as many cpu's as Dell can get).  Which will do AW some good and teach Intel a much needed lesson, get a move on or be lost in the dust bin of has been's.

ariliquin

Seriously I would buy this in a heartbeat if it becomes available. I would even take the 3070 over the 3080 if it meant a 5900HX instead of Intel. I still want decent screen options though and I could not care less about TB3. However this article sucks, I am in the process of getting a ASUS ROG Strix Scar with 5900HX and RTX3080, but I much prefer the Alienware. How long do I have to wait? I've been waiting over 2 years for this already.

Ginman

I want to buy an Alienware M17 or GE76 with 3080 and 5900hx , or even a 5980hx... I was about to buy one of those for 4000+ euros but i don't want a 6 year old processor for this money, so muxh heat with the 10980...

aero

hoping dell adds a high refresh qhd display to this too, that's honestly the only thing this would lack compared to something like the strix g15/17

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview