News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

The NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti is a shadow of its former self after 18 months of crypto mining

Started by Redaktion, February 27, 2021, 00:39:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Lootarass

Wow that 4 fps drop is a huge game breaker for me, not! Dumb video showing a low degrade. There isn't even a comparison of a 2080ti that has been used for gaming for 18 months? How do we know that doesn't have the same degradation.

This is click bait in my mind.

actionjksn

I always remove the heatsink and apply expensive thermal paste on anything that has a lot of use on it anyway. I even do it on laptops I remove the heat sink clean all the dust out of it and use alcohol to clean off the old thermal paste from both surfaces. And then I carefully apply new high-end thermal paste. Not only does that stuff dry out but the factories are cranking those things out and often don't do a great job applying it in the first place.

Renegade

Quote from: danwat1234 on February 27, 2021, 08:13:20
Can you give a source of nvidia's eth hashrate limiter being defeated on Linux?

It was tweeted by NotAnAppleFan. I don't have the link at the ready, but that's who I saw it revealed by.

Phyx

You should be ashamed of writing this clickbait s*** and your editor should be ashamed of allowing it. I'm never visiting this site again. Blocked on my Google feed.

Eric Thor

This is stupid. You can't just buy a mining card and expect it to work for games if they flashed the bios for mining either. I don't think I have seen that once in the article I have read.

S.Yu

G.

Just commenting to echo previous sentiment and say f*** you for the clickbait title.

Otherwise, good article. But not what I expect for this news outlet. Shave on you.

G.

Quote from: G. on February 27, 2021, 23:14:55
Just commenting to echo previous sentiment and say f*** you for the clickbait title.

Otherwise, good article. But not what I expect for this news outlet. Shave on you.

Shame* dammit

Brandon

Blocking from google feed for clickbait with zero information added.  No more notebookcheck for me.

rhavens

Looks like the after mining card is simply throttled because its too hot.

Probably needs new thermal paste.  although one my examine the power consumption as well to see if that increased

Jesse

This is straight up not true. The 2080ti wasn't even cleaned. A dirty heatsink could absolutely throttle that much performance out if the card on its own.

Rym

It's interesting to see how delusional people keep quacking about thermal paste like broken records.

Maybe one day you'll wake up and realize your average buyer CAN'T DO THAT BECAUSE THEY DON'T KNOW HOW. Yeah it's pretty hard using our brain i know.

Not only is that the responsibility of the miner to make sure the card is cleaned and repasted before sale, but it is also the miner's responsibility to warn the buyer that the card has NO warranty. As repasting VOIDS any warranty for almost all companies.

The video demonstrates why the average gamer should not trust or buy from a miner. YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR AND IF YOU PAY BELOW MSRP FOR A GPU YOU GET A BELOW MSRP QUALITY.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview